Cells At Work!
Cells at Work! is a 2018 show based on the manga of the same name created by Akane Shimizu. It was first aired on July 8th, 2018.
The anime takes place in the human body, where roughly trillions of cells work very hard to keep the body healthy. The anime mostly focuses on two individual cells: a red blood cell named AE3803, who gets lost during her deliveries, and a white blood cell named U-1146, who defends the body from any germs that invade the body.
Why It Rocks
- The idea of an anime that is about the cells in your body is very interesting
- Likable characters such as Red Blood Cell and White Blood Cell.
- The idea where the body is imagined as a factory-like workplace that's also city is creative.
- The Platelets are adorable!
- Does a good job with portraying topics like cedar pollen and even cancer.
- Well-made opening
- Biology scientists and teachers may like this show
- The episode plots feel rather formulatic
- We don't really get to learn about the person where the anime is taking place in.
- Germs spewing out blood when they are stabbed by White Blood Cells feels rather unrealistic