Disney Television Animation
Disney Television Animation is an animation studio that is the TV animation production arm of the Disney Channels Worldwide, a division of Walt Disney Television, dedicated to creating, developing and producing animated television series, films, specials, and other projects.
Why It Rocks
- Great Disney cartoons from the classics (DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Gargoyles, Recess, Kim Possible,) to a modern ones (Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Big City Greens, Amphibia, The Owl House).
- Shows that were based off the movies are good, such as Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Timon & Pumbaa, 101 Dalmations: The Series, Hercules: The Animated Series, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, The Legend of Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, and The Emperor's New School, Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure and Big Hero 6: The Series.
- Much like Nickelodeon Animation Studio and Cartoon Network Studios, they also have respected animators who works or worked to the studio, like Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley, Chris Sanders, Dean DeBlois, Doug Langdale, Russell Marcus, Jeff Goode, Jim Jinkins, Bobs Gannaway, Dan Povenmire, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Alex Hirsch, Paul Rudish, Craig McCracken, and Daron Nefcy.
- Some great reboots or revival such as DuckTales or Mickey Mouse, and an upcoming season The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.
- It even helped with the other production owned by Disney, such as Jumbo Pictures and Jetix Animation Concepts.
- It overseas animation for the shows, like TMS Entertainment, Toon City, Rough Draft Korea, and Walt Disney Animation Japan.
- They also make great cartoons to other sister channels like Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, PB&J Otter, Sofia the First), Toon Disney/Disney XD (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, Yin Yang Yo!, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Motocity) and Disney's One Saturday Morning/ABC Kids (Pepper Ann, The Weekenders, Disney's House of Mouse, Lloyd in Space, Fillmore!)
The Only Bad Quality
- The entity was formerly known as The Walt Disney Pictures Television Animation Group, the name was then later changed, shortened to Walt Disney Television Animation starting in mid-1988 and was its name up until 2011, when was shortened again to Disney Television Animation.