Engine Sentai Go-Onger
Engine Sentai Go-onger (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー, Enjin Sentai Gōonjā, ) is Toei Company's thirty-second installment in the Super Sentai metaseries of Japanese tokusatsu television series. It premiered on February 17, 2008, a week following the finale of Juken Sentai Gekiranger, and ended on February 8, 2009. It aired as part of TV Asahi's 2008 Super Hero Time block alongside Kamen Rider Kiva. Its footage was used for the American series, Power Rangers RPM.
Why It Rocks
- It is lighthearted, which is a pretty good tone since most Super Sentai seasons are pretty dark.
- The Go-On Wings are pretty cool sixth rangers.
- All of the characters are likeable, especially Sosuke Esumi/Go-On Red.
- Famous Quotes such as: Saki's Smile, Smile and Ren's Just! (ズバリ/Zubari).
- The Suit designs are really nice to look at, especially the Go-On Wings'.
- The OST is really nice to listen at.
- It had an awesome summer movie, Engine Sentai Go-Onger: Boom Boom! Bang Bang! GekijōBang!!
- The final episodes, were really heartbreaking, thrilling and heartwarming.
- It teamed up with Juken Sentai Gekiranger and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, two other amazing Super Sentai seasons.
- Its Power Rangers Adaptation, Power Rangers RPM, is a really awesome season.
- Crime Minister Yogoshimacritein, and his more powerful and evil master, Pollution President Batcheed, are very intimidating threats to the Go-Ongers (and are, ironically, one of the only few serious villains in this season).
- The theme song is catchy to listen to.
- The ending theme is really awesome and is really distinct towards other sentai endings, as this show never had just one ending theme it had a total of 10 ending themes.
- The rivalry between Go-On Red and Land Minister Yogostein is very entertaining to watch.
- Great character designs, especially for the villains.
- The humor is unique.
- Bomper is a cute mentor for the Go-Ongers.
- It returned in 2018 for a 10th-anniversary special, better than before.
- Unfortunately, the season started to lose vasts amounts of ratings during the run of it’s American counterpart. Despite this show being the more successful show.
- Like with most sentai seasons, it isn't prone to awful episodes, such as GP 31.
- Saki's Smile Smile catchphrase could be rather ear-piercingly unbearable at times.
- Fortunately it's nowhere as bad as Takaharu Igasaki's, Lucky and Asahi Minato's Catchphrases.
- Most of the seasons' villains are pretty weak, such as the MoTw, Kitaneidas and Kegalesia.
- It aired alongside with Kamen Rider Kiva.
- Because of this and other feedback, many of the faults of the show can be read on the Terrible Shows & Episodes Wiki.