Floricienta is an Argentine telenovela created by Cris Morena which aired from 2004 to 2005, it was a phenomenon among kids in Latin America, Israel, and parts of Europe.
A modern-day retelling of Cinderella, orphan Florencia Fazzarino becomes a nanny to Federico "Fede" Fritzwalden's four younger siblings, he has a girlfriend named Delfina, who wants him for money. The other siblings hate her, but when Florencia moves in, they all love her.
Why It Rocks
- Original concept, being based on the same story, but instead, taking place in modern-day Argentina.
- Unpredictable plot twists, such as Delfina, Malala, and Sofia being revealed to be Florencia's stepmother and stepsisters.
- Memorable storylines and well-written characters.
- The death of Fede at the end of the first season is emotional and sad.
- Great and memorable songs such as "Mi Vestido Azul", "Por qué", and "Un Enorme Dragón".
- Spawned a good Brazilian adaptation called Floribella that aired on Band in 2005-2006, as well spawned great adaptations in Chile on TVN in 2006-2007, Colombia on RCN in 2006-2007 and Portugal on SIC in 2006-2008.
- Fede's death and the way the story went after caused fans to stop watching and drift away from the show, despite this, it still remained hugely popular.
- The Disney Channel show Jessie was rumored to be the American adaptation of this show after Disney bought the rights to the story.