Foot 2 Rue (seasons 1-3)
Foot 2 rue (Italian: Street Football) is a Franco-Italian animated series in 104 episodes of 21 to 24 minutes, created by Marco Beretta and Serge Rosenzweig and broadcast between December 31, 2005 and July 10, 2010 on France 3 in the shows France Truc, Toowam and Ludo.
In Italy, it is broadcast from November 24, 2005 on Rai 2. Inspired by the book La Compagnie des Célestins by Stefano Benni, the series is then rebroadcast from June 3, 2006 on Gulli, from May 26, 2012 on Cartoon Network , then on France Ô and France 4.
Tag, Gabriel, Éloïse, Tek and No nicknamed the TekNo (Tarek and Nordine) make up the “Blues of Port-Marie” team. They are organizing the first Street Football World Cup in their city. To realize their dream, they have to overcome many obstacles, including the feeling of mistrust of some inhabitants towards this sport which they consider dangerous.
Although having become the world champions of Foot 2 street, the Blues are only three because the TekNo have left for the Olympics but two new players Jérémy and Samira, appear and integrate the Blues who will put their title world champion in a new world with new teams teams at their height.
The final phase of the second world continues but the Blues face tough tests to stay welded. Tag also has an encounter that will change his life.
Why It Rocks
- A truly original and interesting plot based on street football.
- Iconic and really interesting characters with a great story.
- The show stays true to the books.
- The show sends excellent messages about tolerance, especially with the main characters such as Tag and Gabriel living in a boarding house without parents.
- The flash animation is really correct and has a good graphic style.
- The theme songs of the three seasons are catchy.
- The flash animation although decent is sometimes stiff due to many animation errors.
- The show ended on a cliffhanger that lasted no less than 12 years before its return.
- During these 12 years of waiting, the show was entitled to a Foot 2 Rue Extrême sequel which, like Code Lyoko Evolution, was really not good.
- Despite its return, season 4 is not good and was very poorly received by the public.
Foot 2 Rue was well received by the public it holds a 6.7/10 on IMDb as well as a 96% on Google users and has even gained a cult following since.