Fudencio E Seus Amigos (seasons 1-4)
Fudêncio e Seus Amigos was an adult cartoon series from MTV Brasil. The series premiered on August 23, 2005 and lasted for six seasons, for six years, until August 25, 2011. Created by Thiago Martins, Marco Pavão and Flávia Boggio and produced by Thiago Martins and Pavão, this show is the second successful project with MTV Brasil. Just like the previous project, the Megaliga MTV of VJs Paladins, was very successful.
Why These Seasons Rock
- Many memorable phrases like: "Ah, que infortúnio", "Mi mi mi mi mi", "Ponto negativo para você!", "Maldito jovem do reggae", "Ah, eu só me fodo nessa merda", etc.
- Creative and smart title cards.
- Undoubtedly, Conrado is the more likeable character of the series.
- Pays a good tribute to pop culture, containing several parodies in several episodes.
- It was one of the most popular cartoons of the extinct MTV Brasil.
- Memorable characters with very unique characteristics, such as Safeno, a little boy who's always sick; Zé Maria, a girl with a deep male voice; Popoto, a fat and stupid guy who's still being held back on fourth grade despite being an adult; Conrado, a kid with a persimmon head; Baltazar, a talking cockroach who's based after classic cartoon characters, and more.
- There were two spin offs:
- Só Peruibe Salva, Where Peruibe answered calls from people during the program, this spin off was shown during or after the episode.
- Infortunio Com a Funerea, Where Funerea interviewed real people, it started as a spin off within the drawing, and then it became a separate show, and even after the main series ended, it continued in 2013 when MTV Brasil closed its doors.
- The snout narrator is very funny.
- The dubbing is done by the production team of the cartoon. Even though they're not professional voice actors (except for Kevin Costa and the narrator) the voices that the production team makes for the characters are very good and match well with the characters.
- Awesome and catchy theme song that presents the show's tone and some main characters.
- Conrado is the butt-monkey in the cartoon, and seeing him fail at the end of each episode is very repetitive and sometimes frustrating, but also. The characters can sound nasty because of the way they treat Conrado.
- The flash animation looks cheap and poorly-made for Brazilian animation standards, due to the show having few animators and being made in a short amount of time.
- Some dated references here and there.
- The last two seasons were not very good and caused the show to go massively downhill.
- Some bad/mediocre episodes, such as:
- Pitoco de Guache
- Ciência Caprina
- Tropa de Aliche
- Super Cocô
- Conrado's voice actor gets replaced in Season 4, not sounding anything like his original voice and kind of annoying.
Despite being quickly forgotten after MTV closed his doors in 2013, the show received positive reviews from the public, on IMDB his grade is 8/10 and on the same site a user called the drawing "Brazilian South Park", however there are a handful of missing episodes that are nowhere on the internet.