Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jetix was a television programming brand running owned by The Walt Disney Company. The block was aired on Toon Disney (2004-2009) and ABC Family (2004-2006) in the United States, and the channels were aired on some other countries (2004-2010).
Why It Rocked
- It was the first time Disney ever focused on mainly action/adventure programs, and it worked!
- They aired great shows like Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, Get Ed, Yin Yang Yo!, W.I.T.C.H., A.T.O.M. - Alpha Teens On Machines, Pucca, Ōban Star-Racers, and Combo Niños.
- Former shows that aired on Fox Kids, such as Power Rangers, Digimon Adventure, The Tick and even some good cartoons based on the Marvel Comics (before it was bought by Disney in 2009) also aired!.
- In most countries, Jetix was it's own dedicated TV channel, replacing Fox Kids in these territories, even airing some programs the US Jetix never aired. For example, the British Jetix aired shows like Sonic X, Naruto, Jackie Chan Adventures, Black Hole High and even Robot Wars! And the Latin American and Brazilian Jetix, like the British Jetix, aired Sonic X, but also aired the seasons 1-5 (only the first part of season 5) of The Fairly OddParents, despite being owned by Nickelodeon.
- The intro itself and idents were awesome! See it for yourself.
- Brian Donovan did a good job as a Promo/Commercial Announcer.
- It even aired 3 shows Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series and Pinky and the Brain, despite being owned by Warner Bros.
- It was merged with Toon Disney to become Disney XD on February 13, 2009, despite this, Disney XD turned out to be a great channel.
- ABC Family dropped off Jetix in 2006 and the channel was switched into non-animated format
- While the block in the USA was decent, the block chose to expand themselves and took up 85% of Toon Disney's programming time and kinda get rid of old Disney cartoons.
- The channel didn't have too many original shows and most of the shows it aired were re-airings of other shows, regardless they had already ended or not.
- In Latin America, a common complaint was that The Fairly OddParents was aired a lot exaggeratedly to the point the channel aired three episodes in a row some days and many marathons playing all day focused on the show.
- It was formerly known as ABC Family Action Block from 2002 to 2004.
- The Incredible Hulk was the last program that aired on Toon Disney as part of Jetix on February 12, 2009.
- The last channel for Jetix was in Russia which was ended on August 10, 2010.