Juken Sentai Gekiranger
Juken Sentai Gekiranger (獣拳戦隊ゲキレンジャー, Jūken Sentai Gekirenjā) is Toei Company's thirty-first entry in the Super Sentai metaseries. Production began on September 29, 2006 with principal photography beginning on October 6, 2006. It premiered on TV Asahi on February 18, 2007, and concluded its airing on February 10, 2008. Its footage was used for the American TV series, Power Rangers Jungle Fury.
Why It Rocks
- The concept of turning wild animals into forms of martial art spirits is a cool and original idea.
- Good story-writing.
- Likable characters such as Jan Kandou (GekiRed), Ran Uzaki (GekiYellow) and Retsu Fukami (GekiBlue)
- GekiViolet and GekiChopper are awesome additions to the team.
- Master Sha-Fu and Miki Masaki serve as serious mentors.
- Black Lion Rio and Confrontation Beast Chameleon-Fist Mele are great villains who went through character development and eventually helped the Gekirangers near the end of the series, even if if resulted in their deaths.
- Long is also a really foreboding villain.
- Neat-looking zords and megazords.
- The toy sales were superb.
- Very catchy theme song.
- The suits of the Fist Sage masters are very nice to look at.
- Great fighting scenes.
- Good acting which potrays the characters pretty well.
- It teamed up with GoGo Sentai Boukenger another one of the best-of-the-best Super Sentai seasons.
- Rio and Mele's deaths during the finale were really sad and heartwarming.
- Its adaptation, Power Rangers Jungle Fury was still good.
- It aired alongside the well-received Kamen Rider Den-O.
- The ending theme isn't that good, as compared with the other songs within the show itself.
- Some scenes may contain graphical violence.
- 46th Episode was perhaps the worst episode of the season.
- While good, the next season, Engine Sentai Go-Onger wasn't well received at all.
- Even the team up they had was subpar.
- It even aired concurrently with the terrible Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.