Kenny the Shark
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Oh my grip, this page has generic pointers!
Kenny the Shark is an American animated series produced by Discovery Kids. The show premiered on NBC's Discovery Kids on NBC from November 1, 2003 and ended February 19, 2005 with two seasons and 26 episodes in total having aired. The series is about an anthropomorphic tiger shark named Kenny. It also aired on the cartoon Block "Real Toons" on Discovery Kids along with Tutenstien, Time Warp Trio, Growing Up Creepie, Grossology and The Future is Wild.
The series was not Kenny's first appearance. In the late 1990s, a series of shorts featuring Kenny ran between regular programming. Kenny was not seen, as the camera was from his point of view. Unlike most animated shows taking place in fictional cities or states, etc., the show took place in the real-life town of Tiburon, California, United States.
Kenny is a tiger shark who has found himself in the strange position of being a family pet. Kenny has all the characteristics and instincts of any other tiger shark, but he must adapt himself to the placid ways of suburban family life. If not, he'll be put back out to sea, which would mean giving up his best friend Kat, which would be unthinkable! Kenny is about an 8-foot (2.4m), 1,500-pound (680 kg) tiger shark who lives with 10-year-old Kat and her family in the suburbs. Her parents are tolerant of Kenny, but he's big and smelly. Luckily, Kat speaks shark, so she tries to reason with Kenny when he wants to eat the mail or mail carrier. If Kenny can't adapt to life under a roof, he'll have to go back to the sea. Kat learns that living with a shark isn't that easy since they eat everything, they never sleep, and they constantly shed their teeth. To stay with Kat, Kenny must fight his natural carvings, making do with imitation seal flakes and resisting the desire to eat Kat's baby brother, who smells very tasty. But as often as the family adopts wild animals, problems arise. Kenny is almost always hungry. Keeping him fed and her family safe is Kat's most important task. Kat also faces the challenge of keeping Kenny from eating Dad's beanbag chairs, teaching Kenny to mind his manners, and keeping him out of trouble. Kenny is constantly shedding his teeth, and his crazy behavior sometimes keeps Kat up all night.
Why it Rocks
- The show is very fun and educational for the audience of all ages.
- It's one of a few bits of media that portrays sharks in a positive light as most media would portray them negatively.
- The relationship with Kat and Kenny is relatable, considering it can have it's ups and downs.
- Great and likable characters, such as the titular character Kenny.
- Interesting premise.
- Genuinely good heartfelt and funny moments.
- It only lasted for 2 seasons before being cancelled.
- Has some gross out humour. Thankfully, it's kept down to a minimum.
- Like other Discovery Kids shows, the information can be inaccurate at times. Example is that Kenny never sleeps because he’s a shark which isn’t really true.