Kenny the Shark
Kenny the Shark is an American animated series produced by Discovery Kids. The show premiered on NBC's Discovery Kids on NBC from November 1, 2003 and ended February 19, 2005 with two seasons and 26 episodes in total having aired. The series is about an anthropomorphic tiger shark named Kenny. It also aired on the cartoon Block "Real Toons" on Discovery Kids along with Tutenstien, Time Warp Trio, Growing Up Creepie, Grossology and The Future is Wild.
The series was not Kenny's first appearance. In the late 1990s, a series of shorts featuring Kenny ran between regular programming. Kenny was not seen, as the camera was from his point of view. Unlike most animated shows taking place in fictional cities or states, etc., the show took place in the real-life town of Tiburon, California, United States.
To be added.
Why it rocks
- The show is very fun and educational for the audience.
- It's one of a few bits of media that portrays Sharks in a positive light.
- The relationship with Kat and Kenny is relatable.
- Great and likable Characters
- Interesting premise.
- Genuinely good heartfelt and funny moments.
- It only last 2 seasons.
- Has some gross out humour. Thankfully, it's kept down to a minimum.
- Like other Discovery Kids shows, the information can be inaccurate at times. Example is that Kenny never sleeps because he’s a shark which isn’t really true.