Kids’ WB was an American children’s programming block that originally aired on The WB Television Network from 1995 to 2006 and on The CW from 2006 to 2008.
Why It Rocked
- It was a very successful programming block from Fox Kids, as they got like Animaniacs and Batman - The Animated Series.
- There's even good cartoons from Warner Bros. Animation that they aired are Pinky and the Brain, Detention, Freakazoid!, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Johnny Test, Teen Titans, What's New, Scooby Doo?, Ozzy & Drix, Xiaolin Showdown, Tom and Jerry Tales, and more! There's even cartoons from the other companies, such as Earthworm Jim, Jackie Chan Adventures and The Spectacular Spider-Man and from the Japanese anime series like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardcaptors.
- Some of the marketing was great, such as the sweepstakes, behind the scenes, and some marathons for the shows during commercials.
- Its 1997-1998 season is the most-watched Kids' WB! season, like The WB's most-watched 1997-1998 season.
- A lot of the Pokémon promos they've made are really cool. Especially where Ash Ketchum (Satoshi) plays poker on the Joker.
- While it was going downhill, everybody that is a fan of this network still remembers some of the best shows during their childhood.
- While it was good, there some were bad and/or mediocre shows, such as Da Boom Crew, Loonatics Unleashed, Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island, and Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!
- Johnny Test also went downhill as well.
- They kinda got rid of anime shows, due to the discounation of The WB, and the block moved over to The CW. However, they kept Pokémon until 2006, which was when 4Kids lost the rights to the anime due to TAJ Productions going bankrupt in the same year. Thankfully, the series is now avalibale on Netflix (formerly on Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Disney XD), but with the dubbing rights now belonging to Pokémon USA.
- The block was replaced by The CW4Kids from 2008 to 2010, Toonzai from 2010 to 2012, and Vortexx from 2012 to 2014.