Postman Pat (original)
Postman Pat is a British stop-motion animated children's television series first produced by Woodland Animations. It first premiered in 1981, and ended in 2006.
The postman delivers his good mood as well as letters and parcels to the friendly town of Greendale. Postman Pat's trusty kitten Jess is always with him on his travels and adventures as they ride together in a little red van.
Why It Rocks
- Wonderful and natural stop-motion animation.
- The stories are simple and easy to understand yet very entertaining and well-paced.
- Teaches valuable life lessons about being helpful and being kind to neighbors.
- Iconic and catchy theme song.
- Became one of the most famous British pre-school shows of all time.
- Pat is a great postman and a likable person as a whole.
- Ken Barrie is a great narrator who respects the pace of the show.
- Apart from Pat, many of the characters are very likable, such as Reverend, Julian and Ted the mechanic.
- Amazing voice acting, especially in seasons 1-5, every male character was voiced by Ken Barrie.
- Additionally, he voiced every single character in the first season.
- The series had been going downhill when Special Delivery Service came out in 2008, which abandoned its original gentle pace.
- Jess, while funny, cute and adorable, can also be rather annoying, especially in the 2004 series and Special Delivery Service.
- While the 2004 series was decent, it wasn't as good as the original two seasons.
- The show had great animation that stepped up from the first two seasons, but at the same time, the new animation style didn't really suit the series as it was more faster paced.
- It focused way more on the kid characters rather than on Pat and his friends.
- Some characters including Miss Hubbard, Sam Waldron, Peter Fogg, Granny Dryden and some other main characters were removed.
- The show no longer airs in the United States after it was brought to the country in an unknown year, and also, there were basically no US DVD releases of the show, but of course there were a few US VHS tapes released, but they are very rare.
- When Classic Media re-released Postman Pat Series 1-2 on DVDs, they altered the intros, instead of using the original theme song and intro, they used the Series 2 intro for both DVDs and put the 2004 series logo and theme song over it. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is still not that good of a decision. The apparent reason for this was because they weren't able to license the original theme song for some reason.
- The Independent Film Association of Schools in Ireland is in talks to start a petition, similar to their Fireman Sam one, to get this show translated into Irish for the culchies.
- Including those show in Postman Pat: Special Delivery Service (SDS), Pat has use of 8 vehicles:- Royal Mail van (Pat 1) SDS Van (Pat 2) SDS Helicopter (Pat 3) SDS Mini Van (Pat 4) SDS Motorbike (Pat 5) SDS Forklift Truck (Pat 6) SDS 4x4 (Pat 7) SDS Postcar (Pat 8).