The Super Sentai Series (スーパー戦隊シリーズ Sūpā Sentai Shirīzu) is a Japanese superhero team metaseries of TV series produced by Toei Company, Toei Agency, and Bandai, and aired by TV Asahi ("Sentai" is the Japanese word for "task force" or "fighting squadron"). The shows are of the tokusatsu genre, featuring live-action characters and colorful special effects, and are aimed at children. It airs in the Super Hero Time programming block on Sunday mornings.
This Is Why You Don't Mess With The Super Sentai
- It's one of the longest-running TV show series in Japan, alongside Kamen Rider , Sazae-san, Ultra Series, and Doraemon.
- It spawned the legendary American adaption and franchise, known as the Power Rangers.
- They utilize may different motifs to make each Sentai feel different, such as
- Spies/Rogues (Goranger, JAKQ, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Lupinranger)
- Martial Arts (Battle Fever J, Maskman, Dairanger, Gekiranger)
- Technology (Denziman, Dynaman, Bioman, Timeranger, Zenkaiger)
- Animals (Sun Vulcan, Liveman, Jetman, Gingaman, Gaoranger, Zyuohger)
- Mythology (Goggle V, Ohranger, Magiranger, Goseiger, ToQger)
- Space/Aliens (Changeman, Flashman, Fiveman, Megaranger, Kyuranger)
- Vehichles (Turboranger, Carranger, Boukenger, Go-Onger, Kiramager)
- Dinosaurs (Zyuranger, Abaranger, Kyoryuger, Ryusoulger)
- Traditional Japanese (Kakuranger, Hurricaneger, Shinkenger, Ninninger, Donbrothers)
- Emergency Services (GoGoFive, Dekaranger, Patranger)
- Usually very talented acting and voice acting.
- Fantastic action/fighting scenes.
- It even had amazing crossover movies.
- The movies are still amazing.
- It usually has very successful toy sales, and the toys
- Memorable characters like the heroes, allies, and villains.
- Great seasons, such as Himitsu Sentai Gorenger, J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai, Battle Fever J, Denshi Sentai Denziman, Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan, Kagaku Sentai Dynaman, Choudenshi Bioman, Dengeki Sentai Changeman, Choushinsei Flashman, Choujuu Sentai Liveman, Choujin Sentai Jetman, Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (Depending on your point of view), Gosei Sentai Dairanger, Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, Gekisou Sentai Carranger, Denji Sentai Megaranger, Seijuu Sentai Gingaman (Depending on your point of view), Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive, Mirai Sentai Timeranger, Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger, Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, Mahou Sentai Magiranger, GoGo Sentai Boukenger, Juken Sentai Gekiranger, Engine Sentai Go-Onger (Depending on your point of view), Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Tensou Sentai Goseiger, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger, Uchu Sentai Kyuranger, Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs Keisatsu Sentai Patranger, Mashin Sentai Kiramager, and Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger
- It has a great combination of seriousness and goofiness.
- Very creative and sophisticated writing.
- Most of the seasons have very great finales.
- It had team-ups with Kamen Rider, another awesome tokusatsu series.
- Despite being a kids' show, it feels more like a TV-14 show at times since it has violent scenes that are inappropriate for a kids' show. It's is probably due to Japan's less-strict rule on allowing blood in kids' shows. On the other hand, The fewer restrictions on allowing blood and guns allow for much more intense scenes to play out. So some can consider the inclusion of these scenes as a good thing instead of censoring them for the sake of "Its for kids" as a good thing and rejects the outdated censoring.
- It started slightly going downhill during the run Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger but it redeemed itself during the premiere of Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger.
- The trailers for the anniversary seasons feel a little bit too overhyped, even with Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.
- Most of the movies are 30 minutes long, which makes them rather short.
- They rely on the same motif a lot of times without trying to be unique wit them, most notably Dinosaurs and Vehichles.
- Some of Super Sentai Teams are NOT going to happen or they did missing out with awesome team-ups such as Kyuranger vs. Zyuohger, Gaoranger vs. Timeranger,.
- Himitsu Sentai Gorenger (1975-1977)
- J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai (1977)
- Battle Fever J (1979-1980)
- Denshi Sentai Denziman (1980-1981)
- Taiyo Sentai Sun Vulcan (1981-1982)
- Kagaku Sentai Dynaman (1983-1984)
- Choudenshi Bioman (1984-1985)
- Dengeki Sentai Changeman (1985-1986)
- Choushinsei Flashman (1986-1987)
- Choujuu Sentai Liveman (1988-1989)
- Choujin Sentai Jetman (1991-1992)
- Gosei Sentai Dairanger (1993-1994)
- Ninja Sentai Kakuranger (1994-1995)
- Gekisou Sentai Carranger (1996-1997)
- Denji Sentai Megaranger (1997-1998)
- Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive (1999-2000)
- Mirai Sentai Timeranger (2000-2001)
- Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger (2002-2003)
- Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger (2003-2004)
- Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger (2004-2005)
- Mahou Sentai Magiranger (2005-2006)
- GoGo Sentai Boukenger (2006-2007)
- Juken Sentai Gekiranger (2007-2008)
- Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (2009-2010)
- Tensou Sentai Goseiger (2010-2011)
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (2011-2012)
- Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters (2012-2013)
- Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger (2016-2017)
- Uchu Sentai Kyuranger (2017-2018)
- Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs Keisatsu Sentai Patranger (2018-2019)
- Mashin Sentai Kiramager (2020-2021)
- Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger (2021-2022)
- Chikyu Sentai Fiveman (1990-1991)
- Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (1992-1993)
- Seijuu Sentai Gingaman (1998-1999)
- Engine Sentai Go-Onger (2008-2009)
- Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger (2019-2020)
- Dai Sentai Goggle V (1982-1983)
- Hikari Sentai Maskman (1987-1988)
- Kousoku Sentai Turboranger (1989-1990)
- Chouriki Sentai Ohranger (1995-1996)
- Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (2001-2002) (Depending on your point of view)
- Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger (2013-2014) (Depending on your point of view)
- Ressha Sentai ToQger (2014-2015)
- Shuriken Sentai Ninninger (2015-2016)
- 4 Week Continuous Special Super Sentai Strongest Battle!! (2019)
- Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger and Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs Keisatsu Sentai Patranger are the only Sentai seasons to have a page on both wikis, despite not being considered "Neutral Examples"
- Himitsu Sentai Gorenger and J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai actually weren't considered Sentai seasons until Chouriki Sentai Ohranger in 1995.