Team Fortress 2: Meet The Team
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
The Meet the Team videos are a series of computer-animated shorts starring the various classes of Team Fortress 2. The first video was Meet The Heavy, which premiered in May of 2007, with more shorts being released up until 2012.
Why It Rocks
- The shorts helped introduce the world to the Team Fortress 2 characters and showed off their unique personalities.
- Great animation thanks to Source Filmmaker, which was officially released after Meet the Pyro. The animation is also very faithful to the game, which was also very impressive.
- The interview style was rather unique and was executed rather well.
- Several easter eggs are in the shorts, such as appearances from new weapons and cosmetics that hadn't been released yet during that time and the Miss Pauling easter egg in Meet The Medic. Not only that, but the animators put lots of effort into small little details. For example, Meet The Spy has several small hints at who was actually the RED Spy.
- The Mercs themselves are all hilarious and are extremely memorable.
- Lots of funny moments and dialogue, such as "I'm a black Scottish cyclops!", "WHO TOUCHED MY GUN?!", "Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on Earth, and then he herded them onto a boat... and then he beat the crap out of every single one!", and the Pyroland sequence in Meet The Pyro.
- The Sandvich, a popular TF2 item, was spawned from this series.
- Great voice acting for all the characters.
- After the Meet The Spy short, Sniper's scar eventually became part of the game in the "Sniper Vs. Spy" update.
- The success of this series lead to several more official TF2 shorts, two based on the "Mann vs. Machine" mode, one based on the "Jungle Inferno" update, and a 15 minute short known as Expiration Date. On top of that, these shorts helped create a whole machinima community for TF2 once Source Filmmaker was launched, with shorts still being made to this day.
- These shorts are not only very entertaining, but all of them show off all of the basics of each class and how they play in game without shoving it down your throat.
The Only Bad Quality
- Some elements of the shorts are fairly inaccurate to the actual game. For example, you cannot toss sappers under sentries to disable them, the Quick Fix doesn't give you a standard UberCharge, and the Engineer can only have one active Sentry Gun (with the exception of the Disposable Sentry upgrade in the "Mann vs. Machine" mode).