Difference between revisions of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003, Seasons 1-5)"
m (Comments fix.)
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
[[Category:Traditional animation shows]]
[[Category:Traditional animation shows]]
Revision as of 06:25, 23 February 2021
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a 2003 American animated television series. It lasted for 7 seasons, or 156 episodes, and ended with a made for TV animated film in 2009. The series ran from February 8, 2003 to March 27, 2010. The series had an unaired (banned episode) air on August 2, 2015 on Nicktoons. The series aired reruns on Nicktoons, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel.
Why It Rocks
- Excellent animation with very great action and fight scenes.
- It is the darkest 4Kids program ever made.
- The darkest incarnation in the franchise.
- The made for TV animated movie released in 2009, titled Turtles Forever, was exciting because it featured a crossover between three different incarnations on the ninja turtles, the 2003 version, the 1987 version, and the version from the comics.
- Very appealing art style and character designs, especially that of Shredder.
- This series incarnation of the Shredder, besides being by far the most evil and threatening, has a unique backstory and is a sociopathic alien named Ch'rell instead of an successor to the original or an immortal.
- Out of all of the TV adaptations of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this one is considered the most faithful to the original comics, and it's creator Peter Laird's favorite adaptation.
- The characters are more complex and interesting than in the original 1987 version. This time, instead of focusing more on comedy until towards the end, the series focuses much more on drama from early on. The biggest example is the turtles having to deal with their appearances, that being the reason that they have to reside in the sewers instead of conversing with common humans.
- Great soundtrack.
- While the characters are more complex in this version, that doesn't mean that the comedy is neglected. The comedy is just as great as in the previous version. If anything this version manages to balance the comedy with the drama much better.
- Good voice acting, with the main turtles all having great chemistry.
- Another thing that this series does more than the previous incarnation of the turtles is going in depth with the martial arts training, which is immensely important as it shows how the turtles become as strong as they do when it comes to combating evil.
- Outstanding pacing.
- Episodes like "Exodus", "Enter the Dragons" and "Same As It Never Was" were examples of excellent episodes.
- Impressive plot twists.
- Impressive character development.
- Nice Back-Story for Casey Jones.
- Memorable Villains like Hun, Bishop, Stockman, Karai, The Foot Clan and the Purple Dragons.
- Sometimes it tackles mature topics like PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and Poverty.
- The show is like a legacy to Batman: The Animated Series.
- Even though Season 6 and 7 were mixed, the theme songs were catchy, especially Back To The Sewer.
- The series finale Turtles Forever was a great way to end the series.
- Its follow up show, the 2012 animated series, was too, well received.
- The series shows that reboots can be done right.
- Seasons 6 and 7 were considered by fans to be the weaker seasons. 4Kids Entertainment wanting it to be more lighthearted and to be more marketable and "appropriate" for kids.
- Some bad episodes like Super Power Struggle.
- The show can get disturbing at times.
- It can also get violent very much.
- Some of the material found from the original comic was removed or altered to tone down it's violent tone.
- While well voice acted, Michelangelo can get kind of annoying at times.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles received widespread acclaim from critics, audiences and fans alike. Many consider this to be the greatest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show ever made. The praise went towards the faithfulness to the source material, the storytelling, character development, action, darker tone, humor, the theme song, background musics, voice acting, animation and appeal to all ages. It currently sits at a 8/10 on IMDb and an 8.8/10 on TV.com. It is considered to be one of the greatest Animated TV shows of all-time. It also garnered high ratings for a 4Kids Saturday morning cartoon and shortly after the premiere became the highest-rated and most popular children's television show in the US.
Google gave it a 96% user score, indicating a 4.8/5.