100% Wolf: Legend of the Moonstone
100% Wolf: Legend of the Moonstone is a 2020 Australian CGI animated TV series that airs on ABC ME in Australia and is also streaming on IMDB TV. It is based on the book 100% Wolf by Jayne Lyons and the movie based on the book released in 2020. It is made by Studio 100 and Flying Bark Productions.
The series is set after the events of the movie 100% Wolf, where Freddy Lupin goes to the werewolf-only academy Howlington Academy to prove to his friends that he can be a true werewolf despite the challenges ahead. Freddy may be a poodle, but he has the heart of a wolf, and he's going to prove it by graduating from the werewolf-only Howlington Academy!
Why It Rocks
- It is a great and major improvement over the film which flopped at the box office.
- Likeable characters such as Freddy and Batty themselves.
- Speaking of which, Batty is actually more friendlier to Freddy than she was in the movie whereas in the movie, she was very rude to him.
- The CGI animation is really nice and well-designed despite it being a downgrade from the movie.
- An excellent soundtrack. The theme song is really catchy and nice to listen to and the background music is on point and does its job well.
- Howlington Academy is a very well-designed place as looks really tidy through its interiors.
- Excellent use of various effects, and thematics and the decor and details synergise with each other very well.
- It’s cool to see Batty as a human, something which you never get to see in the original film.
- Very fascinating and cool characters such as Scarlett Jagger, Rick Rawls and more.
- The finale "The Blood Moon", was a nice way to wrap up the series.
- Batty finally reuniting with her mother after her owner abandoned her when she was a puppy, was a very touching moment in the series.
- Ivan can be a jerk to Freddy.
- The animation looks downgraded from the film but that’s probably because this is a TV show.
- There are a number of animation errors here and there.
- Some characters like Batty's dog pals or Foxwell Cripp from the film don't ever appear in the series.
- This series is a continuation of the events from the film and the original book.
- It was one of the most screened shows at MipJunior in 2019.
- It received an impressive IMDb score of 8.6, which is a great improvement from the movie's score of 5.7.
- It has a total of 1 season and 26 episodes so far.
- It is likely the quality of the animation and CGI dropped due to it being a TV show, which normally receive lower budgets.