11 Louds a Leapin' (The Loud House)
"11 Louds a Leapin'" is the fifty-third episode, and the second season premiere of The Loud House, as well as the series' first full-length episode.
The Louds are getting ready for Christmas, when the unthinkable happens to Lincoln: his sled goes in their neighbor's yard. Later, as Lincoln and Clyde attempt to pull off a sled rescue mission, they end up finding out secrets about Mr. Grouse.
Why It's What You Give
- We get to see the more softer and caring side of the usually grumpy neighbor, Mr. Grouse.
- A top-notch Christmas musical number by the Loud family and the McBride family, known as "That's What Christmas is All About".
- The ending is very heartwarming where the Louds get their requested gifts on Christmas day,
- Many memorable and funny running gags through the episode.
- Leni constantly turning around-the-house items and Christmas decorations into fashion.
- Lola trying her best to be nice.
- Lori’s crazy impulse to open presents before Christmas.
- Lincoln’s mission to get his sled back from Mr. Grouse.
- Lana trying to catch one of Santa’s reindeer.
- Luan’s “12 puns of Christmas”.
- Luna trying to write a good Christmas song.
- Well-done story development.
- Clyde finally gets a kiss from his then-crush, Lori Loud (one of his main goals in the show).
- It gives us a good moral about how Christmas is “not about getting, but about giving” and “caring about those less fortunate“.
- We finally get to see the Loud parents' faces after a full season.
- Some gross-out humor, like when Charles pees in the snow.
- Mr. Grouse is the (former) main antagonist of this episode, but Lincoln learns that Mr. Grouse is not bad because he's just grouchy, lonely, and in a bad mood who keeps anyone away from his house.
- Mr. Grouse yelling "Louds!" can get tiresome.
- Mr. Grouse reveals his rude nature that he hated Christmas and stole any items from the Louds when they accidentally go into his yard.
- Mr. Grouse also reveals that he hated the Louds.
This episode was favored with positive reception and critical acclaim by fans and critics of the series for its Christmas themed spirit to the show, and the show's most famous song, "That's What Christmas is All About".
- The title cards in this episode are red and green as opposed to the original title card design from Seasons 1-4 where they are simply plain red, yellow, and blue boxes. In "Tricked!", the title card boxes are black. As of Season 5, the title cards are now redesigned, and the three lower boxes that show the credits are also now indeed themed around the episode.
- This is also indeed the last episode to air in 2016.
- On top of being the first episode of the second season in production order, it's also the first one where we see the faces of the Loud parents.
- It was banned in Poland, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, and the Arab world due to the presence of Clyde's fathers.