40%,40%,20% (Teen Titans Go!)
40%,40%,20% is the tenth episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go!
Cyborg discovers that his power comes not from his robotic parts, but from the song "The Night Begins to Shine" and though the Teen Titans don't like it, Cyborg later uses the song to save his friends from Brain.
Why The Night Always Shines In This Episode (40%), and Music Transformed It (40%)
- It's one of the few Teen Titans Go! episodes that are kind of decent.
- Unlike the other episodes, the cringes level is lowed to a minimum.
- "The Night Begins to Shine" song is catchy.
- The animation of the song's reality is decent and nice-looking, and resembles the original show.
- Action scenes are good.
- Good ending.
- It had a four-part sequel called The Night Begins to Shine, which was also well received.
- After that it spawned another movie The Night Begins to Shine 2, and a spin-off based on this episode and the miniseries is in development.
The Only Bad Quality (20%)
- It goes a little overboard how weak Cyborg is without using the song.
The episode received positive reviews from fans and critics. It is widely considered the best episode of the series. On IMDb, it currently sits at a 8.3/10, making it the show's highest rated episode.
- The Night Begins to Shine is a song by B.E.R. band, composed 40% by Carl Burnett, 40% by Franklin Enea and 20% by William J. Reagan. It was produced and recorded in 2005, but would not be released until nine years later.