ABC Kids (pre-2006)
ABC Kids was a children's program block for ages 5-16 that aired on ABC between 2002 and 2011, replacing Disney's One Saturday Morning.
It should not be confused with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's block for pre-schoolers, which is also called "ABC Kids", that was also renamed "ABC For Kids" in 2009-2015.
Why It Rocked
- Much like One Saturday Morning, it did have some of the best programs by Disney.
- The block's shows were mostly Disney Channel reruns like The Proud Family, Kim Possible, That's So Raven, Lilo & Stitch: The Series (although this show actually debuted on this block), Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, The Buzz on Maggie and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, various Power Rangers (which was during the Disney era), the other new program was Fillmore!, as well as the non-Disney programming NBA Inside Stuff.
- The intro is good as well as the commercials, bumpers, promos and marathon were good to watched back then. The website was also pretty good to play games, and check some stuff like downloads.
- Despite going downhill in 2006, they aired 3 new series from Disney Channel such as The Emperor's New School, The Replacements and the first season of Hannah Montana.
- Other Disney shows were Recess (from One Saturday Morning), Teamo Supremo (although bad), and W.I.T.C.H..
- In 2006, the block got rid of the shows like Kim Possible, The Proud Family, Lilo & Stitch: The Series and Phil of the Future. Speaking of which, they never got a chance to air some shows like Dave the Barbarian, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers and American Dragon: Jake Long, and in their final years they showed nothing but reruns of their shows.
- They aired the 2010 reversion of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and it was poorly received. Sadly, it was the last series, before Saban brought back the rights from Disney.