A Fox in Space
A Fox In Space (originally titled Star Fox: The Animated Series) is a fan-made science fiction animated series based on the Star Fox video game series created by Nintendo. It is written, animated, and edited by artist Matthew Gafford, also known as "Fredryk Phox".
Based on the StarFox (Lylat Wars) video games by Nintendo, Fox McCloud and his team support the Cornerian Army against the opposing forces of the Venomians.
Why It Rocks
- A Fox In Space parodies many elements of the Star Fox franchise and its fandom.
- The animation is clean, lively, and in sync with the intended spirit of the characters.
- With the unique animation, memorable writing, and genius incorporation of existing StarFox lore, it makes a fun ride for fans of the original games.
- An avid Star Fox fan, creator Matthew Gafford developed the series in response to a lack of television or theatrical adaptation to the video game series.
- The conversations between Fox and Wolf are so entertaining, funny, and how it subtlety pulls you in to their past, and so well animated when they are simply sitting in chairs talking.
- Little things like Wolf pouring himself a whiskey and eyeing Fox up and downing a whiskey is just so genius from an animation stand point.
- The show is something most adaptations lack because of studios too afraid of anyone under their corporate butterfly net not 'getting it'.
- As of 2017, there is only one episode with two more episodes in development.
- Initially, Gafford planned for two seasons with six episodes each, but cut it short for only three episodes to focus on other original projects due to Star Fox being a Nintendo property and a desire to have his own studio and franchise.
- When asked about celebrity wishlists in voice work, Gafford stated that he'd want Liam Neeson as James McCloud, Matthew McConaughey as Wolf's father, and Michael J Fox as Fox McCloud.