A Holly Johnny Christmas (Johnny Test, 2005)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tests try to get Johnny a new toy when it sells out in the local shopping mall.
Why It's a "Holly Johnny Christmas"
- The song the Test family sing at the start about Christmas is extremely catchy and great to listen to.
- The present Johnny wants for Christmas, the extreme snowball machine, is very cool and impressive, but the one Susan made is even more impressive along with Susan and Mary getting a tech genius to make the extreme snowball machine company ship their last truckload.
- Good Moral: As Hugh & the tech guy say throughout the episode, Christmas is about giving but not getting.
- Susan and Mary's plan to get stockings full of presents is very clever and well done.
- All of the Test family is likable and relatable here, especially Hugh, Lila, Susan, Mary and Dukey for trying almost everything to get the Johnny the extreme snowball machine he wanted.
- The Christmas victory dance the Test family do when finding out that a shipping of extreme snowball machines are getting delivered to Porkbelly is pretty neat.
- Good/Heartwarming Ending: Johnny finally realizes that Christmas is about giving but not getting when realizing that he might not get the extreme snowball machine, and so gives the Christmas carol donation some money. But, the next morning, he still gets the snowball machine and the rest of the family get their well-deserved gifts, and it ends with Johnny doing his victory dance and the Christmas carol donation playing outside of the house.
The Only Bad Quality
- Misleading Title Card: On the title card is shown that Johnny is in a Santa Claus costume and Dukey is a reindeer, meaning that they would send presents to other people, however in the episode that doesn't happen.
- It holds a rating of 5.5/10 on IMDB.
- The episode title is a reference to the saying/song "Have a holly jolly Christmas".