A Made-Up Story (The Powerpuff Girls, 1998)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The villainess Mask Scara defaces the posters, billboards, and people of Townsville after the Dull look replaces the Trashy look, affecting everyone except Blossom, who is one step ahead.
Why It Rocks
- The narrator asking the people who the villain/person could be changing the posters and billboards and them saying "no" is hilarious, along with him arguing with the Mayor over his big speech.
- Mask Scara's design looks very cool, impressive and detailed and her name is a great parody of the make-up accessory, mascara. In fact, the Mayor actually thought the girls said mascara and her flying creates a logo with the words of her name along with having a pencil that has a giant lip in make-up - which are also both impressive.
- Speaking of which, her plan is very clever here, as she changes the posters, billboards & people to have make-up or the "trashy" look when it got replaced with the "dull" look.
- Some funny fourth-wall breaks, such as the narrator asking who will stop Mask Scara and said we'll find out after these messages when the ad breaks start and returning after they finish.
- The Professor's first plan to stop Mask Scara is also pretty clever and impressive, as he invented a DNA-based target-seeking computer virus which has directions entering the human's sensory system - which cause the human to uncontrollably act like a chicken, develop rashes, lots of body hair, hideous screaming troubles and total knockdown. But then he finds an antidote - which is a type of cream.
- The girls are still great characters for trying to find clues, questioning why Mask Scara invaded the town with make-up and Blossom fighting her.
- We finally get to see the narrator on-screen! (Albeit, only his hand).
- Some emotional moments, such as when the giant lip exploded on the girls, landing them to the ground and the narrator saying "is this it? Are the Powerpuffs no match for Mask Scara's powder puff?"
- Bubbles' ultrasonic sound can get on your very last nerves.
- The ending was bad with Blossom tripping on red paint, mud, flour and package peanuts - and everyone starts laughing at her, which is mean-spirited. Even the narrator laughed while saying that the day was saved!
- It holds a rating of 6.3 out of 100 on IMDB.