A Pie in Every Pocket (Good Eats)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Pie in Every Pocket is the 12th episode of season 9 of the cooking show, Good Eats.
Alton Brown makes a handy dough for pocket pies, a pie on the go and discusses its origins.
Why It Rocks
- The dough Alton uses is extremely versatile and can be used in a number of recipes, not just the fillings he made for the show (Grust made some pies using taco salad as a filling).
- Alton explains that for the dough to work, you can't think of traditional pie dough but biscuit, due to strength and flexibility.
- Two other recipes are filling curried mango filling and chocolate filling. The recipes for this episode can be found here.
- The dough can also be used to make your own toaster pastries, or Pop Tarts.
- Discover a clever method to peel and cut mangoes.
- There are three different methods to cook the pocket pies, oven, pan-fry, and deep frying.
- If you believe in gluten being bad for you, then you should know, this recipes requires gluten to be formed.
IMDB users have given the episode a 7.7 out of 10.