A Regular Epic Final Battle (Regular Show)
"A Regular Epic Final Battle" is an episode in the eighth season of Regular Show. It consists of the 259th-261st episodes overall. It is the series finale of Regular Show, one of Cartoon Network's most well-known and longest running shows.
Pops is taken to his home world of Lolilland to battle against his evil twin brother, Anti-Pops, in a battle that will determine the fate of the universe.
Why It Rocks
- This officially marked the end of Regular Show, one of Cartoon Network’s most well-known and most loved shows that helped bring them back from a time of failure, along with Adventure Time. And it was a fantastic way to wrap things up.
- The fight scenes between Pops and Anti-Pops are incredible.
- Many characters from past episodes appear during the fight scenes, which was a good way of looking back at things.
- Part 3 opens with Mordecai and Rigby reliving the opening of the first episode, which was a nice callback to where it all began.
- The episode even included a part where Pops is sent back in time to J. G.’s short film, The Naive Man From Lolilland, which was the earliest precursor to Regular Show, and effectively the beginning of the timeline of the show.
- Pops sacrificing himself in order to end the battle against Anti-Pops and save the universe is incredibly emotional.
- The final montage of the park workers minus Pops going on and living their lives after the battle as they grow older, set to Heroes by David Bowie, is beautiful, and a perfect ending for the series.