Aaron Stone is a live-action, single-camera adventure series created by Bruce Kalish. Originally broadcast with the launch of Disney XD on February 13, 2009.
A teen becomes a real-life version of a crime-fighting video-game character and battles thugs who are trying to take over the world.
Why It Rocks
- It was Disney XD's first original show to premiered on the network.
- Creative concept.
- Great story telling, where a person named Charlie Landers who is enlisted to become the real-life counterpart of his world-renowned avatar Aaron Stone from the fictional video game Hero Rising.
- An online game called Hero Rising based on the show, was also pretty interesting to played it online.
- Decent acting, especially from Kelly Blatz and J.P. Manoux.
- Memorable characters, such as Charlie/Aaron Stone, S.T.A.N., Emma/Dark Tamara, Jason/Terminus Mag, and T. Abner Hall. S.T.A.N. himself was a great android sidekick for Charlie, who is good and quite hilarious at the same time.
- Awesome villains, such as Elias Powers and the Omega Defiance.
- The intro is catchy.
- Great action/fighting scenes.
- Unlike most of Disney's live-action shows, this show was features a darker tone and complex storyline.
- Two-part episode, Mutant Rain, was a great finale, where Jason learns that his brother, Charlie was Aaron Stone and Hall reveals his face to Aaron's team as they have earned his full trust.
- The show got cancelled after only 2 seasons.
- Bruce Kalish created this show, who also done his recent work for Disney, such as The Famous Jett Jackson and the Power Rangers franchise from S.P.D. to Jungle Fury.