Adam Ruins Everything
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Adam Ruins Everything is an American comedy/educational T.V show that debunks misconceptions that have been accepted in modern society. The show was created by Adam Conover and is developed by College Humor.
Why it Rocks
- In most of the episodes, Adam uses good, reliable sources to back his claim up, debunking many myths, and exposing the truth about various things.
- Adam exposes the truth about Christopher Columbus, as Columbus wasn’t a hero, he was a villain, and Adam pulls up on how the earth being round was a common knowledge at the time, and Columbus didn’t believe that the earth was round, as Columbus believed it was shaped like a pear.
- Adam also explained how AirBnb has been covering up many incidents.
- Adam even points out how Panama wasn’t an independent nation when the Panama Canal was being built.
- Adam even makes a good point on how walls don’t stop illegal immigrants from coming into a nation, as building a wall could cause an increase in illegal immigration.
- The characters in the show aren't bad.
- The episode, Emily Ruins Adam is really funny.
- The comedy part of the show is really good.
- The animation scenes are very clever looking.
- In the episode Adam Ruins Video Games, while remaining mostly truthful, he uses biased sources like Polygon, and most of what he said in the episode is to jab at GamerGate.
- According to Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim, a German chemist and edutainer, a portion about laboratory mice in Adam Ruins Science was inaccurate due to scientists being well aware of the limitations of mice as models for human organisms and the mice having a great cost-benefit ratio due to clinical trials being orders of magnitudes more expensive.