All That (original series & revival)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: unspecified
All That is an American live-action, sketch comedy-variety show created by Brian Robbins and Mike Tollin, which originally aired on the Nickelodeon cable television network from April 16, 1994, to October 22, 2005, lasting ten seasons. It returned on June 15, 2019 as a 11th season with new actors and voice casts.
The series features original short comedic sketches and weekly musical guests aimed toward a younger audience. The show's sketches parody contemporary culture and are performed by a large and varying cast of child and teen actors.
Saturday Night Live for kids. All That is a zany Saturday night sketch comedy featuring many wacky characters hosted by kids and teenagers.
Why Both of Them Rock
- Plenty of hilarious sketches such as:
- Action League Now!
- Good Burger
- Coach Kreeton
- Ask Ashley
- Detective Dan
- Vital Information
- Randy Quench Volunteer Fireman
- Trashin' Fashion
- Know your Stars
- American Idiot
- Each of the kid actors did performances as their various characters.
- Catchy theme song, sung by TLC.
- The sketch, Good Burger was so funny that it was adapted into a movie, although it received mixed reviews from critics. In fact, Good Burger even became an internet meme and gained a cult following ever since the movie's release in 1997.
- Many guest stars and musical guests during both old and actual runs of the show.
- The show gave awesome spin-offs like Kenan & Kel and The Amanda Show.
- It had a 2019 revival, which is clearly stays entirely faithful to its source material.
- In one episode of the 2019 reboot, the cast of Zoey 101 had a reunion after 15 years on Nickelodeon.
- Similar to Thomas & Friends and the later seasons of Full House, it can sometimes put too much focus on Amanda Bynes (at least during the seasons she was on).
- It was revealed that the crew treated Angelique Bates like dirt during Seasons 1-2.
- The series has been a victim of season rot;
- Season six, while still good, is the weakest of the classic seasons due to the absence of Kenan Thomson, Kel Mitchell, and Lori Beth Denberg, as well as the jokes and sketches becoming noticeably denser to the point of losing some of it's humor.
- The revamp era (seasons 7-10) is largely inferior to the first 6 seasons due to the new actors giving mediocre performances, the sketches not being as funny, and removal of the old cast members.
- The revival series was short-lived, only lasting for one season, not because Nickelodeon wanted to cancel it but because of COVID.
- Some jokes in the revival can come across and groan-inducing, depending on your view.
- Brian Robbins, one of the two show's creators, is the current Nickelodeon's president since 2018.
- Seasons 2 and 3 of the original series are currently streaming on Netflix.