Animaniacs is an American animated comedy musical streaming television series developed by Wellesley Wild and Steven Spielberg for the streaming service Hulu. It is a revival of the original 1993 television series of the same name. The classic cast comes back from the classic series.
Why It Rocks
- It not only stays faithful to the original series, from the opening sequence to the segments. It also was able to get away with content that most modern kid shows aren't able to do such as satirizing and mocking some issues of the modern times like the trend of relying on reboots and use of some bad words (said by Brain on "Of Mices and Memes").
- Memorable soundtrack and songs.
- Top-notch animation and art style for even the early-2020s standards which are upgrades of the the original series.
- Decent voice acting, with the original cast reprise their roles.
- The comedy, the musical and the slapstick stays true to source material. It also was more comical, cartoonier and a lot more slapsticky than the original.
- Likable characters, including Yakko, Wakko and Dot, especially Pinky and the Brain.
- The Warner Siblings have earned development going from crazy characters who used to annoy people to characters that find hard to stand the changes of the modern times.
- The opening sequence is creative and well done, as a nice throwback to the original series' intro. The theme song is still catchy, but with modified lyrics and the jazzy-remixed version.
- Many funny moments, as well as tons of slapstick comedy moments. The running gags are still very impressive.
- Unique references.
- Memorable quotes are very faithful to the source material.
- Slappy, Skippy, Hello Nurse, Minerva Mink, Thaddeus Plotz, Buttons, Mindy, Rita, and Runt do not appear, outside of many appearing in a gag in “Good Warner Hunting”.
- About Hello Nurse and Minerva Mink, they had to be removed from the revival for being seen inappropriate for the modern times.
Like the original series, this reboot received mostly positive reviews, became one of three most-watched Warner Bros. animated streaming programs, the others are Looney Tunes Cartoons and Jellystone!.