Apple & Onion
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Apple & Onion is a show for Cartoon Network created by George Gendi.
Set in a world populated by anthropomorphic food, Apple and Onion, a pair of childlike newcomers to the big city, attempt to fit in to their new surroundings.
Why It Rocks
- This show is basically Cartoon Network's better version of Disney XD's now-cancelled Pickle and Peanut.
- The theme song is very catchy.
- Solid animation.
- Realistic and fun plots.
- Apple and Onion themselves are likable characters that work off each other well.
- It has a gentle "slice-of-life" pace, similar to We Bare Bears, The Loud House, Postman Pat, Pingu, Hey Arnold! and of course, Clarence.
- The voice acting is well-done, especially from Richard Ayoade (of The IT Crowd fame).
- Good morals such as "be yourself".
- The idea of talking food is cool, this has happened before in VeggieTales.
- The characters are likable.
- Original and fluid pacing.
- The "be yourself" moral is kind of cliché and overused.
- Apple & Onion can be annoying at times.
- A song can be used 3 times per episode, which can be annoying as well.