Atomic Betty is a Canadian TV series that aired on Teletoon from 2004 to 2008.
Betty Barrett is a typical 12-year-old girl who dreaming about leaving Earth, and going to outer space. Until, Betty is revealed that she is actually an alien with magical powers. Unknown to most of her friends and family, however, she is also a member of the Galactic Guardians, an elite team dedicated to interstellar crime fighting and law enforcement. As "Atomic Betty", assisted by her two allies; the extraterrestrial pilot Sparky and a robot named X-5, she confronts the evil overlord Maximus I.Q. and his lackey Minimus, as well as other intergalactic supervillains, criminals, terrorists, and gangsters. Despite being rather unassuming on Earth, Atomic Betty is a superstar throughout the galaxy and even has her group of people who consider her their role model.
Why It Rocks
- Decent animation.
- Good action scenes.
- Well-written plot.
- Heartwarming moments.
- Comedic scenes (especially when Sparky is around).
- The show's designs give out the Hanna-Barbera vibe.
- Excellent voice acting.
- Maximus and Minimus are funny villains.
- Her Galactic Guardian battle outfit, will make Betty even cuter.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy writer, Mike Kubat, and head writer, Jono Howard worked on some episodes.
- Penelope is a jerk to Betty.
- Some beloved characters such as Paloma, disappeared from the show.
- It is never explained how Betty became a Galactic Guardian.
- Cartoon Network dropped the show in 2006, the second and third seasons were not aired in the US until put on Discovery Family (originally The Hub) in 2011.