Avast Ye Eds (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
"Avast Ye Eds" is the second half of the thirteenth episode in the first season of Ed, Edd n Eddy.
After a tire-swing scam goes awry, the Eds launch a cruise line on the local creek. The Eds make a cruise ship out of a big tire inner-tube and convince the children, particularly Jimmy, Jonny, and Plank, to go on the cruise. All goes well until the Kanker Sisters cause havoc.
Why It Rocks
- Watching Ed push Double D on the tire swing at the start to the point of the swing falling to the water was pretty funny, and it was the main reason why the Eds launched their cruise line thanks to the cul-de-sac noticing.
- "Land hoever there, and land hoever there" - Eddy.
- Speaking of which, watching the Eds launch/host their cruise line was great to watch (until the Kankers ruined it), and Double D making music with a pedal steel guitar with her many fingers (some are accessorised) is very impressive, along with Ed making his mouth a turbo engine for the ship.
- The Kankers' pirate ship looks pretty decent.
- Jonny ripping the Kankers' pirate flag using Plank was a clever move, despite it not doing too much aside from making them shocked.
- Although the ending was bad, it could have been good/decent if Eddy didn't pull the bobby pin May launched into the tire swing.
The Only Bad Quality
- Bad Ending: Just as Jonny ripped the Kankers' pirate flag using Plank, they decide to get back at the Eds with May launching a bobby pin on the tire swing, Eddy pulls it and then they get an uncomfortable kiss by the Kankers. Then, they get back on the grass drowned in water and show Rolf that the tire swing shrunk to miniscule.
- It holds a rating of 8/10 on IMDB.
- Jimmy refers to Jonny as Errol Flynn. Errol Flynn was a movie actor during the 1930s and 1940s, made famous for his swashbuckling roles in movies like The Adventures of Robin Hood & The Sea Hawk.
- This episode, along with Button Yer Ed, were the first Ed, Edd n Eddy ones to air on Cartoon Cartoon Fridays.
- They were also included in an April 27, 2012 airing of Cartoon Planet.