BNA: Brand New Animal
BNA: Brand New Animal (Japanese: BNA ビー・エヌ・エー, Hepburn: BNA Bī Enu Ē), or simply known as BNA is a Japanese anime television series produced by Studio Trigger, Licensed by streaming service Netflix and directed by Yoh Yoshinari, The first season aired on its six episodes on Japanese Netflix in March of 2020 and the remaining six in May of the same year, but also airs on Fuji TV's anime programming block +Ultra.
In a world where Humanoid Animals named Beastman to co-exist with Humans and inhabit Eart, a 17-year-old teenage girl named Michiru Kagemori who one day suddenly into a tanuki Beastman. later on, she seeks refugee to Animacity, a city that lets Beastman live peacefully as themselves, but she ends up with a Wolf Beastman named Shirou Ogami, and they have to Intesvigate why Mirhiru suddenly becomes a Beastman in the first place and ended mixed up with strange events in the process.
Why It Rocks
- Beautiful and stunning animation, and also colorful visuals, which fits the show's tone and it were being made by Trigger Inc or A.K.A, Studio Trigger, the studio is they are The ones that made Kill La Kill, Darling in the Franxx, Little Witch Academia, and various others like the Little Witch Academia movies before the anime series came to exist.
- The characters are likable, well-written, and memorable, they have good character development, have unique personalities, and realistic flaws.
- Michiru Kagemori is a Likable protagonist, she is a brave, compassionate, energetic teenage girl, who cares for her friends like Nazuna Hiwatashi, and Shirou Ogami, and first, she used to hate living at AnimaCity but later she becomes interested in learning more about the Beastman themselves.
- Shirou Ogami is a likable deuteragonist he a quiet, and stoic Beastman who is very passionate towards his brethren, His powers are excellent like in the first episode when he fights the terrorists he dodges the bullets and, his transformation when he became a Ginrou.
- The side characters like Melissa, Gem Horner, and Marie Itami are also likable.
- Jackie is a cute character.
- The music/score is wonderful and amusing, and it's composed by Mabanua, and yet the intro named Ready to which is sung by Sumire Morohosi who voices Michiru and, the outro called Night Running by Shin Sakiura, and AAAMYYY.
- Top-notch voice acting with the many talented actors like Sumire Morohoshi, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Michiyo Murase, Maria Naganawa, Kaito Ishikawa, Yuji Tachiki, and many more to come.
- Even the English dub is brilliant which is dubbed by the SDI Media with actors like Cherami Leigh, Benjamin Diskin, Reba Buhr, Keith Silverstein.
- Awesome action, and fight scenes that can show us Michiru's powers like Flying, Bunny Ears, Gorilla Punch, Wings, Long Arms, Hawk Eyes and even by changing up things.
- Fantasic world-building, and some Lore which helps the viewers understand who is the real Sliver Wolf and the true reason why humans hate Beastmen, The cause of why Michiru and Nazuna become Beastman, and the history of the Beastman, etc.
- They are cute, and funny moments like when Michiru introduces the kids his names at school, and Michiru throwing the ball to Jackie but he spins later on.
- Most of The villains are well-executed like Alan Sylvasta, the Silver Wolf Order which is lead by Boris Cliff, and even the minor villains who appeared one time like Elsa, and the Beast Hunters.
- They are metaphors for racial and ethnic discrimination in the real world, like Michiru playing baseball represent integrating black players into American Baseball and, a flashback where a concentration camp experiments if Beastman can be used by bioweapons for the war.
- It only has 13 episodes and it's short.
- It has some Plot-holes and stupid scenes like how humans didn't understand Dolphins Work, and they are unaware that Dolphins are mammals that can breathe, and how Ogami lets the criminals go with the bombings.
- It sometimes uses the deus ex machina mostly from Michiru.
- Nazuna is sometimes a bit unlikable, like how she lied to the Silver Wolf Order that she is the leader, but it was revealed that she is not.
- It was the second anime which is to stream to streaming service Netflix in North America and in some countries, after Little Witch Academia.