Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger
Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger (爆竜戦隊アバレンジャー, Bakuryū Sentai Abarenjā) is Toei's twenty-seventh production of the Super Sentai metaseries, and the first series to use TV Asahi's current logo. It aired as a part of TV Asahi's 2003 Super Hero Time block with Kamen Rider Faiz. The series is based on dinosaurs and explosions. Its action footage was used in Power Rangers Dino Thunder.
Why It Rocks
- Creative concept of an all dinosaur-themed sentai.
- The zords can talk, pretty much like Engine Sentai Go-Onger.
- Decent voice acting, especially from Bakuryuu Triceratops, who previously played DemiDevimon in the Japanese version of Digimon.
- It was also surprising that they had a Female Yellow Ranger for the first time in this season, since Denji Sentai Megaranger.
- Passable acting.
- Unique comedy and humor.
- Asuka/AbareBlack works as an awesome mentor. In fact, his ability to use a harmonica is like Burai from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. They were merged into the same character in the Power Rangers universe!
- Mikoto Nakadai/AbareKiller has a very interesting backstory. On top of that, even though he was supposed to be this season's sixth ranger, he is a villain majority throughout.
- The show teamed up with Tsuribaka Nisshi in a special video.
- Messenger of Dawn Lije is an intimidating, yet charming villain, mostly because she is a girl.
- It teamed up with Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger & Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger, 2 other great Super Sentai series.
- Catchy theme song and ending, especially the part that goes, DINO GUTS!!!
- It's got a decent adaptation, Power Rangers Dino Thunder. In fact, an episode in the latter, called "Lost and Found In Translation" had the 3 main rangers watching episode 10 of this show and making silly remarks about "Power Rangers" in Japan.
- Mikoto's death can be horrifying & inappropriate for children to watch.
- Some assets of the show were stolen for the sake of the awful Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- It teamed up with Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
- Poor arrangement of segments. In every episode, there is a pre-opening sequence where the title card is shown and then the opening plays, then there is also a post ending segment, which may take up a load of time.
- It aired alongside with Kamen Rider Faiz.