Band Geeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
(Redirected from Band Geeks(SpongeBob SquarePants))Jump to navigation Jump to search
Band Geeks is the second half of the 15th episode of the second season of SpongeBob SquarePants and is the highest rated episode of the series.
Squidward starts a marching band to play at the Bubble Bowl and rubs it on Squillam's face.
Why It Rocks
- Squidward is the main protagonist of this episode.
- The introduction of Squillam Fancyson, Squidward's arch-rival.
- Non-stop hilarious jokes and moments, such as "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" (which started memes), when Squidward's face gets distorted by a loud blast of music, The scene where Patrick kick’s Sandy and then beats him up and stuff him in a trombone offscreen, Harold's line "BIG, MEATY, CLAWS", and the hilariously dark scene of the flag twirlers flying and crashing into a blimp because they spun their flags too fast.
- This is the first episode here Squidward gets a happy ending. Although, episodes after this episode had Squidward getting a happy ending are "House Fancy", "Love That Squid", "Suction Cup Symphony", "Squid Plus One", and "Enchanted Tiki Dreams", but when it was first aired, it was truly a sight to behold.
- The ending is truly magnificent, as it is one of the most memorable moments in the history of the show's run.
- A very positive message that no matter who you are, you can still make a good change in the world.
- The ending was unfortunately cut off in the Italian version for unknown reasons.
- The song was petitioned to be played in the Super Bowl as a tribute to Stephen Hillenburg. But sadly a short, 15-second clip of Squidward in his marching band attire introducing a "true musical genius who needs no introduction", the Sweet Victory horns playing, and instead of playing Travis Scott's Sicko Mode. Criticism ensued across the internet by many people and fans of the show who felt betrayed. The Dallas Stars (an NHL team) showed just how much the NFL dropped the ball by playing Sweet Victory the following night during the second intermission. This incident has a TTSW on Terrible TV Shows Wiki.
- Several moments from this episode such as "Is mayonnaise an instrument?", Spongebob's Eager face and Big Meaty Claws became internet memes.
- This is one of the episodes where Harold sounds like he has a Cockney accent.
- This episode was so popular it has its own page on Wikipedia.
- This is one of the few episodes where Harold has a Cockney-British accent while in other episodes, he has his American accent.