Band Kids is a children's program aired on Rede Bandeirantes (Band), based on the exhibition of animations and series. Premiered on August 14, 2000 under the command of Renata Sayuri in the skin of the character Kira, a playful creation to attract the public, since most of the attractions were Japanese anime. Eventually it is aired as a programming plug-hole.
Why It Rocks
- It was one of the Brazilian TV children's programs that popularized the exhibition of anime in the 2000s, with anime such as Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya.
- Besides of anime, it also aired other shows like Mr. Bean: The Animated Series, Power Rangers and Angelo Rules, but as well Nickelodeon's Nicktoons and Nickcoms like Aaahh! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Danny Phantom, iCarly, Drake & Josh, Victorious, True Jackson, VP, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Hey Arnold!, CatDog, The Fairly OddParents, The Angry Beavers, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) and more.
- Great hosts, with Renata Sayuri as Kira being the most-known of them.
- Good openings, although the second and third openings has epileptic flashes, which can bother people who have epilepsy.
- The interviews from the Renata Sayuri era are cool, especially at the time when most of the shows that were aired on the program were anime.
- The program was cancelled several times, with most of these cancellations being the presenters leaving Band to other networks or in the case of Kelly Key, it was due to her maternity leave.
- Aired some bad shows like Fanboy & Chum Chum, Bondi Band and The Mighty B!.
- One of the last four hosts of the program in 2009, Giovanna Grigio later acted in the telenovelas like the 2013 version of Chiquititas, Êta Mundo Bom! and the recent 2022 version of Rebelde on Netflix.