Battle for the Snax (Kick Buttowski)
"Battle for the Snax" is the second half of the fifth episode in the first season of Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil.
Kick tries to help Gunther's family get business at their restaurant, Fööd, because if he doesn't, Gunther and his family have to move back to the "Old Country". He helps them put back in business by creating the most awesome restaurant in Mellowbrook, the Battlesnax!
Why It Rocks
- It introduced us to Gunther's parents, Magnus and Helga, who are funny viking parents who own a restaurant, "Food" (later "Battlesnax"), and are likable characters and good parents to Gunther and great cooks, as well.
- Some emotional moments, such as Gunther imagining what life would be like without Kick and trying to get a country person to stunt, along with Kick imagining the same, and then Gunther, his parents and the manager start crying, along with the Battlesnax closing and Gunther giving Kick a picture to remember their memories.
- Kick is still a likable character here, as helps Gunther's family out by giving their restaurant a new viking theme to attract new customers to eat there along with making a brand new game, "Crowd Draw".
- Speaking of which, the new restaurant theme looks very cool viking-themed, along with the new name, "Battlesnax".
- The battle Kick and Gunther have in the Battlesnax is very entertaining to watch, along with Kick's "Crowd Draw" game to attract new customers to the restaurant and even some of the people chasing after him.
- The famous quotes "I'm Kick Buttowski, and Kick Buttowski never quits", along with "aw, biscuits", "Is this the Baaaaaaaank?", and even the cheerleaders' quote "2, 4, 6, 8, Battlesnax is super great!"
- Good Ending: After most of the people chased Kick around town, they end up in the Battlesnax and everyone enjoys the food to the point where the cheerleaders say about how great Battlesnax is. Then, Kick gives an announcement about everyone saying Battlesnax and although he accidentally breaks the half of the building, he announces that a drive-thru is created and it ends with how proud the manager is.
- This episode, along with Kickasaurus Wrecks, have a rating of 7.8 out of 100 on IMDB.