Best Ed is a Canadian animated television series created by Rick Marshall. The series chronicles the adventures of an excessively helpful and enthusiastic dog named Ed and his best friend, Doug the squirrel and soldier, whom everyone calls "Buddy" because Ed refers to him as best buddy. They live in their fictional hometown of Swellville. Best Ed is produced by 9 Story Entertainment and animated using Adobe Flash software.
The series follows two anthropomorphic animals, Ed and Buddy, a dog and a squirrel respectively, who live in the town of Swellville (parody Snellville) in the north of the United States. Their adventures and sometimes mis-adventures usually cause them to interact with other characters. While Ed is well-liked by all, and extremely lucky, Buddy is vehemently despised, and extremely unlucky, gratuitously so.
Why It Rocks
- Wonderful theme song.
- Awesome character designs.
- Cute and creative episode plots.
- The voice acting is decent, especially from Sean Cullen (Lucius Heinous VII from Jimmy Two-Shoes) and Patrick McKenna (Professor Pamplemoose from Sidekick).
- The title character is funny.
- The animation is passable, but not mediocre.
- Buddy the Squirrel is epic and likable.
- Mr. Thursty is an unlikable character.