Beware the Batman
Beware the Batman is a CGI animated series that premiered in 2013. Reruns aired from November 23, 2014 to December 25, 2015.
Crime-fighting vigilante Batman teams up with swordmistress Katana and his ex-secret agent butler Alfred Pennyworth to face the criminal underworld led by Anarky, Magpie, Ra's al Ghul, Tobias Whale, Phosphorus Rex, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad, Lady Shiva, Key, Killer Croc, and Humpty Dumpty.
Why It Rocks
- Decent animation from the show as it looks like the animation from a certain 3D video game only in TV and Batman form.
- The scene where we get to see Bruce Wayne as the mayor of Gotham City is nice and it's also a decent speech like when he mentioned his dad that died a few years a go as a kid in-front of his face.
- An interesting scene where we have Batman and Bruce Wayne being different people along with Batman's karate moves.
- The theme song has a catchy beat with the lyrics of the song being, "Beware the, beware the, beware the, Beware the Bat!".
- It's one of the times where we get to learn Slade Wilson's sad backstory but still a good backstory if it's either sad or not.
- Same thing with Man-Bat's origin story, showing us how did Man-Bat became who he is today.
- Again, with Man-Bat's origin story, this is one of the only times from Batman franchise where Man-Bat decided to team up with Batman.
- It introduced a new character named Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro).
- Decent quotes exist in this show, like "There's 2 things in life everyone's powerless against, love and revenge".
- Batman's voice acting is also decent as it sounds like Batman's voices from the other Batman series only this one seems a bit more quieter.
- A lot of recycled plots in this show, meaning the show can get really boring during a few times. This would likely explained why it got cancelled before season 2 came out with only 26 episodes.
- It loses some points for not featuring iconic Batman rogues like the Penguin, Mr. Freeze, the Riddler, Clayface, the Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and of course the Joker, though by using lesser known rogues like Anarky, Professor Pyg and Humpty Dumpty some of these obscure villain gained some popularity.