Big City Greens
Big City Greens is an American animated comedy and adventure television series created by the Houghton brothers that premiered on Disney Channel on June 18, 2018. The series features the voices of Chris Houghton, Marieve Herington, Bob Joles, and Artemis Pebdani. The series was renewed for a second season by Disney Channel on May 17, 2018.
The series focuses on Cricket Green, a mischievous and optimistic country boy who moves to the big city along with his family.
Why It Rocks
- The animation is decent. The character designs are likeable and adorable, and the animation in the intro is solid.
- Great characterization. For example, Cricket Green is a typical goofy kid but at the same time, he is very mature when he needs to be and learns the most important lessons out of everyone, and Tilly's personality is very cute.
- The yellow skin of the Green family resembles the color of corn, which draws connection with farming.
- Not only that, also the yellow skin is very similar to that of The Simpsons.
- The backgrounds are well made as they have a lot of detail and they are great to look at.
- The theme song is catchy, seeing as it was made by The Mowgli's.
- Despite being out of place, the voice acting is incredible.
- The episode plots are entertaining and sometimes unpredictable.
- The problems in the show can be relatable, sometimes.
- The show is entirely based on a Western country family trying to adapt to a more modern area, almost making it a western version of We Bare Bears.
- Season 2 is wholesome.
- "chipocalypse" and "Green Christmas" are great episodes.
- Great morals: On "Steak Night" like Dinner isn't about the food, it's about the family you spend it with from steak night.
- With the exception of the intro and outro, the soundtrack is poor.
- Cricket and Gramma’s voices sound out of place.
- There are some annoying characters, like Gloria Sato and Chip Whistler.
- Cricket's reckless behavior is not good because his payoff is not worth it.
- "Wild Side" is an awful episode and the ending of this episode is also bad: All the Greens are making vandalism and we see a naked Gramma!
- Sometimes it tries too hard to be "Slice-of-life" and there are unrealistic plots.