Bitter Chocolate (Oggy and the Cockroaches)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: unspecified
Bitter Chocolate is the first episode of Oggy and the Cockroaches. It then got a remastered version in Season 6, known as "Chocolate Wars".
Oggy gets a deliver which Is none other but box of chocolates, however the roaches steal it from him, and after many tries to get it back, Jack helps Oggy and first displays a significant hartred against the roaches. Will the two get their revenge against the trio of vermin and retrieve the chocolate box as well?
Why This Episode Is Anything But Bitter
- Awesome and smooth animation for 1998 standards
- Great and catchy soundtrack, especially the ones played in both the stairs scenes.
- Fun and interesting chasing sequences and some funny moments like the scene where Jack gets grinded by a pepper grinder or the stairs scenes where the chase sequence occurs.
- The Cockroaches and Oggy are likable characters.
- References to reality, like in the ending where Oggy explodes after eating chocolate as cats can't eat chocolate.
- Funny ending: After Oggy accidentally blew up the entire house except the fridge, the Cockroaches and Oggy make up with each other and the lad is given a piece of chocolate, which turns out to be a bomb which makes Oggy explode, much to the cockroaches' hilarity.
- It's basically an episode inspired by the intro sequence, which is a nice touch.
- It started a great cartoon, like The Ed-touchables.
- It feels weird how the roaches knew how Oggy got blown up from the inside of the refridgerator.
- Two animation errors in the remake: One it's Joey's arm disappearing when Jack finds the roaches with the binocular and the other one can be found when Jack shows the giant insecticide bottle, in a shot the chalks in the blackboard switched place with the ones from "Oggy and the Magic flute" or "Roaches charmer" starring Marky.
- It holds a rating of 7.4/10 on IMDB, while the remastered version holds a 6/10.
- Probably because of it being the pilot, the cockroachesʼ laughs sound different and more lower-pitched. Later episodes would mix both laughs at specific instances.
- The title of the remastered version is a reference to the Star Wars franchise.
- Check out the differences between the original and remastered versions by clicking here.
- It spawned the famous “Jack Screaming“ meme. You can find pictures of the originated/remastered versions of the meme by scrolling down to the “Gallery“ section.
Full Episode (Original Only)