Bob's Burgers is an American animated sitcom created by Loren Bouchard that premiered on Fox on January 9, 2011 and continues to this day.
The series centers on the Belchers – parents Bob and Linda, and their children Tina, Gene, and Louise – who run a hamburger restaurant.
Why It Rocks
- Great, catchy theme song with 2 pretty entertaining couch gags.
- It doesn't rely on edgy humor unlike most adult cartoons.
- Funny jokes.
- Great characters, such as Bob, Linda, Louise, etc.
- Episodes have interesting plots.
- The animation improved over the years.
- Great voice acting, such as H. Jon Benjamin as Bob Belcher and Jimmy Pesto Jr.
- Pays homage to pop culture. For example, one episode has a reference to MLP, via a form of a fictional show and its own subculture.
- Some of the toilet humor is actually funny, which is quite rare, A prime example would be In the episode "O.T The Outside Toilet": Where Gene befriends a anthropomorphic toilet in the woods and try to save it from a man who hunts toilets.
- Lots of memorable episodes, such as:
- Thelma & Louise Except Thelma is Linda
- The Deepening
- House of 1000 Bounces
- The Hauntening
- The Kids Rob a Train
- Bob Fires the Kids
- Food Truckin
- The Bleakening
- Mo Mommy Mo Problem
- Like Gene for Chocolate
- Cheer Up, Sleepy Gene
- Zero Larp Thirty
- The Laser-inth
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequin
- The Kids Run Away
- Gene is a memorable and hilarious comic relief character with great quotes and one-liners every episode.
- Some of the toilet humor is forced and unfunny.
- Season 1 was mediocre, although the show did get better after that.
- The show had a few bad episodes, like the infamous episode "Family Fracas".
- Some characters are unlikable, such as Hugo, Mr Frond (at times), and Jimmy Pesto.
Bob's Burgers initially received mixed reviews in Season 1. However, the show began to improve in Season 2. As the series progressed, the reception became more positive. By Season 6, Bob's Burgers received critical acclaim. The series received an 8.1 rating on IMDb and a 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. It also received a 7.6/10 on TV.com