Bom Dia & Cia (1993-2003, 2005-2010)
Bom Dia & Cia (also known as Bom Dia & Companhia) was a morning children's television programming block that aired on SBT and also was the children's TV program in more time on display in Brazil being on the air since August 2, 1993.
It was known for its featuring several popular animated series such as Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo and others often coming to rival other children's programs as TV Globinho and Band Kids. Currently the program displays evidence interacting with viewers via phone connections allowing them to prizes such as computers, video games and toys.
Porque Era Um Bom Dia Com Companhia (Why It Was A Good Day With Company)
- It aired many good animated series, mainly during 1993-2003 when the channel had a variety of animated series from Disney, Warner Bros., DIC Entertainment, Cartoon Network and even Nickelodeon. Among the animated series that aired on the block in that period were: Tom and Jerry, Tom and Jerry Kids, The Powerpuff Girls (1998), Ed, Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dennis the Menace, Dennis and Gnasher (1996), Rugrats, Doug, Recess, Pepper Ann, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Goof Troop, Mickey Mouse Works, House of Mouse, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin: the Series, Hercules, The Legend of Tarzan, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Static Shock, X-Men: Evolution, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, ThunderCats, Bobby's World, Mega Man (Ruby-Spears), Care Bears, Sonic SatAM, Sabrina: The Animated Series, The Pink Panther Show, Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, Tiny Toon Adventures, Taz-Mania, Duck Dodgers, The Mask: Animated Series, Popeye the Sailor, Woody Woodpecker and The New Woody Woodpecker Show, Super Friends, Jabberjaw, Wacky Races.
- Is one of the memorable most Brazilian children's blocks ever created in the history of Brazilian television, along with TV Globinho and many others.
- To this very day, is the long running Brazilian children's block on Brazilian television with +5000 episodes, since its premiere in 1993.
- A lot of well known and great hosts that the block had during its history as Eliana, Jackeline "Jacky" Petkovic, Yudi Tamashiro and Priscila Alcântara.
- The show was responsible for leveraging Eliana's success early in her career as a TV host, after Festolândia was canceled in 1992 due to budget problems. Eliana's success was so great that she was hired in 1998 by Rede Record to present the show Eliana & Alegria in 1998.
- The sets (except during 2005-2010) were very creative and well-made.
- Between 1993 and 2003 the block had special guest appearances by artists performing and giving interviews, notably having Angélica as a guest in the first episode in her first appearance together with Eliana.
- Catchy opening songs (except during 2005-2010) and incredible soundtrack composed by the presenters, most notably Eliana, with many of the songs being sold in physical media by LPs and CDs.
- The opening used between 2006-2009 (although not having any music) is very creative showing several animated characters entering a house (being very similar to the Cartoon Network bumpers of the City era).
- The block also have their own support characters, which are also great:
- The puppets Flitz, Melocoton, Recicléia and Bizuca who were present during the first few years with Eliana until the first week with Jacky, with the exception of Melocoton which continue through the Jacky years and even evolved into a full-bodied puppet and also deriving toys.
- The puppets Gugui, Piu, Pia and Ramonzinho during Jacky's last years in the show, most prominently in Gugui who served as a substitute for Melocoton.
- Michelle Giudice, a child actress who co-hosted the show alongside Jacky having started appearing when she was just 3 years old. Currently being a voice actress.
- Starting in 2007 the block started to have good games to the viewers play in the block calling to the block's famous phone number or virtually via Skype. The prizes that viewers win from the block's games are awesome, including video games, cell phones, computers and various toys.
- Had funny moments, coming from the block's former hosts, most notably Yudi who became an internet meme due to his PlayStation raps (since the Playstations were the most coveted prize among the public), being considered the most memorable part of the block during the late 2000s.
- The 2005-2010 era (although there weren't as many new cartoon debuts as in previous years) became very memorable among fans for the debut of new animated TV series like Naruto, Ben 10, Teen Titans, Winx Club and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.
- During these years with the success of Naruto the channel also tried to redeem itself with the public debuting anime (since the channel always ignored or sabotaged the anime broadcast before that) debuting on the block One Piece (despite they aired the infamous 4Kids version) and Blue Dragon (unfortunately with a bad Brazilian Portuguese dub done in the United States).
- Some good animated series that debuted during the awful 2003-2005 era remained in the block, like: The Zeta Project, Krypto the Superdog, Codename: Kids Next Door, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and What's New, Scooby Doo?.
- Despite having good hosts throughout its history, it also has bad hosts that are not memorable like Jéssica Esteves, Kauê Santin, Bozo the Clown, Matheus Ueta, Ana Vitória Zimmermann, Ana Júlia Souza and most infamously, Silvia Abravanel. In the case of Silvia, she is considered by the block's viewers as the worst host the block had, due to the horrible things she did on the block.
- In 2003, SBT was facing a financial problem that resulted in a decline in the program's budget with Jackeline having to present Bom Dia & Cia alone in a much smaller setting until she was replaced at the end of the year by Jéssica and Kauê which resulted in the first downfall between 2003-2005.
- The block has entered another downfall since 2010 until its final episode when there was a huge decline in quality with the program format becoming saturated and repetitive, besides, the new presenters who appeared replacing Priscilla and Yudi were terrible. The worst example being when director Silvia Abravanel became a presenter from 2015-2022.
- It aired some bad animated series like Pink Panther and Sons, Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain, Bonkers, Sonic Underground, Pound Puppies, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Squirrel Boy, The Tom and Jerry Comedy Show, Teamo Supermo, and others.
- Naruto’s broadcast was very controversial, mainly because the anime was the most aggressive and mature series to have aired on the block which caused the indicative rating to be changed to +10, even with Maisa (one of the presenters) at the time being less than 10 years old. Naruto also never aired completely.
- When the second season of Naruto debuted there were some poorly-made censorships, for example: there was an attempt to digitally remove Asuma's cigarette (but the censorship was very evident, because you could still notice the silhouette of the cigarette appearing: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iLss9glXoqo/SpWHh0qfOTI/AAAAAAAAAFg/ImSkSpvpbaY/s400/Naruto+81.jpg), despite the fact that the cigarette appeared normally when the first season aired.
- Some of the cartoons the block airs have excessive reruns, the most infamous example being X-Men: Evolution that since it debuted on the block in 2002 has NEVER left the block for more than a decade becoming a massive example of the trope "Adored by the Network". Justice League was also another example.
- Tom and Jerry also had excessive reruns on the channel during 2007 and 2010, as a way of trying to compete with the audience of Woody Woodpecker on Rede Record. This got to the point where Tom & Jerry even had ONE HOUR daily marathons!
- What's New, Scooby Doo? also became a example of the trope "Adored by the Network", when it comes to the Scooby-Doo franchise as a whole with the series prior to this one having its reruns increasingly reduced, and the subsequent series receiving a bad treatment in the channel.
- The Greens, the animated characters that debuted in the 2009 intro, are shameless rip-offs of the character Sackboy from the game, LittleBigPlanet. One of the Greens is even a naked character who has a black censorship bar covering their private parts, which seems very inappropriate for a children's show. The characters have already had merchandising, but unlike previous characters like Melocoton, the Greens' products did not sell well.
- Depending on your point of view, the 2005-2010 era were not very good, especially when compared to the high variety of educational attractions, characters and cartoons than the 1993-2003 era.
- Bom Dia & Cia was renamed Eliana & Cia in April 1997 and premiered on May 12, 1997. The reason why the block was renamed, was because Silvio Santos decided to change the block's name, to him was important to evidence Eliana's name. It lasted until September 11, 1998, because Eliana signed a contract with RecordTV on September 17, 1998, to debut a month later on October 12, 1998, Eliana e Alegria on RecordTV.