Box o' Fun (Garfield and Friends)
"Box o' Fun" is the first part of the second episode in the first season of Garfield and Friends.
Garfield plays in a cardboard box, imagining himself driving a race car and flying an airplane. When Odie joins, he and Garfield imagine themselves stranded in the ocean.
Why This Episode is a Box of Fun Indeed
- The plot is very cool and interesting, and inspired "Idiot Box" from SpongeBob SquarePants, as it has Garfield playing in a cardboard box that contained Jon's books used to study for his foreign language test at night school.
- Garfield shooting pretend missiles at the planes with his cardboard box is pretty neat.
- Some emotional moments, such as Garfield starving and saying that he hasn't eaten in weeks and all he can think of is food.
- "Some people never let ya have fun" - Garfield.
- Good Ending: Despite somewhat ending on a cliffhanger, Garfield and Odie decide to imagine what it's like flying a garbage can into space - which is very impressive, while Jon takes over the cardboard box.
The Only Bad Quality
- As mentioned above, it ended on a cliffhanger as we don't get to see Garfield and Odie fully imagine what it's like being in outer space with a garbage can.
- It holds a rating of 7.2/10 on IMDB.
- Jon's "Sir Jon of Camelot" is a reference to Black Knight, Camelot, King Arthur, and the Round Table.