Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
Brandy & Mr. Whiskers is an American animated television series created by cartoonist Russell Marcus for Disney Channel. The show originally aired from 2004 to 2006.
A pampered dog (Brandy) and an easily excited rabbit (Mr. Whiskers) face a new life of challenges together when they fall out of an airplane and become stranded in the Amazon Rain Forest. They make new friends: Loa, the boa constrictor; toucan sisters Cheryl and Meryl; and Ed the otter. Stories follow the titular duo as they attempt to adapt to their new surroundings.
Why It Rocks
- The show has has an amazing premise.
- Such great voice acting, especially from Kaley Cuoco and Charlie Alder.
- It was one of Disney Channel's underrated shows.
- The animation is decent.
- Gaspar Le’Gecko was a great antagonist of the show.
- It treats Brandy and Mr. Whiskers like brother and sister.
- Some likeable characters, such as Ed, Lola Boa and the others.
- The theme song is very catchy.
- Brandy and Mr. Whiskers can be unlikable sometimes.
- There can be gross-out humor, especially from Mr. Whiskers.
- Despite the fact this show had received positive reviews, a DVD/Blu-Ray release of this series is very unlikely; however, most if not all the episodes can still be watchable on various video sharing websites like Dailymotion and YouTube. Incidentally, this show is also unavailable on Disney+, despite confirmation that it will be.
- It should also be noted that this show has a devoted fanbase.
- This show on a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation (2005).