Brooklyn Bound (The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mario and Luigi meet up with another lost plumber from Brooklyn, who offers them the chance to return home.
Why It Rocks
- This episode is great and emotional, as the heroes find Brooklyn’s long lost plumber, Salvador Drainotto, and they all work together to get past obstacles to get to the big water pipe to Brooklyn, where Mario and Luigi must make a choice to either stay in the Mushroom Kingdom or return home to Brooklyn.
- Great voice acting, and is also one of the few times where Toad’s voice is passable.
- The animation in this episode is brilliant, as is the case with many series produced by DiC Entertainment.
- A lot of funny moments, some of which even spawned internet memes, such as when the wind literally blew our heroes away.
- There are a lot of memorable quotes, such as Mario’s "Too bad, Koopa. Looks like a total washout" line.
- All of the action sequences are both thrilling and exciting at the same time.
- King Koopa is a very funny villain in this episode, and even has some very funny lines of dialogue too.
- His minions, the Snifits and Shyguys, were also pretty funny.
- The Mario Bros. had an emotional goodbye with Princess Toadstool and Toad when they decided, at first, to go to Brooklyn with Salvador.
- Mario and Luigi decided to stay in the Mushroom Kingdom instead to help save the Princess and Toad from King Koopa, and had a farewell to Salvador as he went to Brooklyn.
- A good ending where Mario and Luigi defeat Koopa and his army, and save the Princess and Toad and reunite with them, and Mario and Luigi each get a kiss from the Princess.
- "All part of being a hero, Luigi." Then, Mario smiles, winks and gives a thumbs up to the audience.
"Brooklyn Bound" got positive reviews from critics, audiences and fans of the Super Mario franchise. It holds a 6.3/10 rating on IMDb.com.