Brown Evil (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
"Brown Evil" is the second half of the tenth episode in the first season of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
Taking inspiration from his Pat the Baker video game, Billy decides to bake chocolate brownies. Billy uses "Evil Powder" from Grim's old trunk instead of salt, and the brownies stink. Mandy tells Grim to get rid of the brownies, and he reluctantly does, but he also stores some of them in his skull. Soon, the stench of the brownies spreads through the world and starts resurrecting dead people, animals, and even food, as zombies.
Billy and Hoss Delgado, spectral exterminator, team up to destroy all the zombies that congregate outside the house, but the zombies reassemble into a bigger zombie. Delgado realizes that the zombie is after the brownies that Grim has in his skull, so Delgado and Grim battle furiously for them. The zombie eats the remaining brownies and falls apart.
Why They Both Rock
- The game Mandy plays, Hoss Delgado's President Evil, is a great parody of the Resident Evil games.
- Some funny moments, such as Billy mistaking Evil Powder for salt, spelling the words rather than saying them, and putting the powder into his baking creation and then into the oven, along with mistaking a mindless zombie as one of Mandy's friends, and many more!
- The plot is very cool and interesting here, as it has Billy baking brownies but accidentally mistakes evil powder for salt, puts it into the brownies, and then in the oven. But when Grim puts them in the trash and hides the brownies in his brain (since he likes them), the stench of the food turns everyone in Endsville into evil and mindless zombies.
- Speaking of which, the humans turned into zombies looks very cool and convincing, and might make people think that they're dressing up as zombies for Halloween.
- Some fourth-wall breaks as well, such as a narrator saying "to be continued...", and then Billy says "I hope I live!" when it cuts to the second part.
- The evil stench bringing back the dead of all the different creatures is pretty impressive, along with Billy attacking one zombie with just a stick and Hoss Delgado destroying them all with his handgun.
- "He is the man... The man with no brain!" - Mandy.
- The fight Hoss Delgado and Grim have just to get the brownies from his head is very top-notch and entertaining, and the Star Wars reference with them using lightsabers is pretty neat along with Mandy controlling the fight with her bare hands.
- Nice ending: Although Hoss Delgado punches Grim out the window and gets eaten by the monster who mistook his head for a brownie, he spat it out and somehow got all of his body parts broken up at once. And it ended with Billy and Hoss Delgado playing a game of Pat the Baker, with Hoss saying that he owns a copy, as well.
The Only Bad Quality
- The only gross-out part was when the monster licked the inside of Grim's eyelids.
- This episode, along with Night of the Living Grim, hold a rating of 8.2 out of 10 on IMDB.