Buddy Thunderstruck is a stop-motion animated series that aired onin March 2017.
Buddy starts a rivalry with a new pizza business shadowing his cousin Muncie's business. When he finally impounds the Rabble Rouser, Sheriff Cannonball gives into being an awesome stunt driver, and Buddy must become a cop to stop him.
Why It Rocks
- It is Netflix's done right version of Cartoon Network and Qubo's ill-fated and obscure animated series, Scaredy Squirrel.
- Buddy himself is a likeable and entertaining protagonist.
- Well fast paste stop motion animation that fits the goofy tone of the show.
- Cleverly plotted comedy such as Buddy being lii responsible for his actions and being to oblivious to them.
- Funny antagonists such as Tex Jr. and Sheriff Cannonball.
- Witty dialogue.
- Cool smoke effect that's actually done via cotton.
- The Belvedere Moneybags arc is very interesting.
- Buddy and Tex Jr. can be unlikeable sometimes even though they're both nowhere as unlikable as LCW (the most hated Greasepit citizen in the show). In fact, Buddy at times can easily be compared to Commander Palmer from Titan Maximum
- For a kids show, it’s filled to the brim with innuendo, like Beaver Dam Fast Pizza and the infamous “Leroy’s private parts.”
- There's a few bad episodes of the show such as Get the Hock Out, Cannonballistic, and Buddy Double.
- While fast paced, the stop-motion animation was suffered from limited features, resulting in the other characters (like Muncie, Sheriff Cannonball, the Weaselbrats and others) have limited mouth movements which caused them to talk like puppets, the majority of characters are seen sleeping and in a hot tub in their causal outfits without changing them, this is possibly because the show was a bit rushed due to Stoopid Buddy Studioos working on SuperMansion and Robot Chicken at the time.
- The show has the same animation as Robot Chicken.
- The show also uses the same people who worked on Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot, and .
- There was an interactive special released in the same year called "Buddy Thunderstruck: The Maybe Pile". It was one of the first interactive specials on Netflix.