Bunk'd (Seasons 1-2)
Bunk'd is an American comedy television series created by Pamela Eells O'Connell that premiered on Disney Channel on July 31, 2015 and is a spinoff of Jessie. Seasons 1 and 2 both consist of 21 episodes. Season 1 premiered on July 31, 2015 and ended on May 20, 2016. Season 2 premiered on August 23, 2016 and ended on May 24, 2017.
Since Jessie’s moved away and gone off to Hollywood, 3/4 of the Ross Kids make their way to Maine where they have wild adventures at Camp Kikiwaka.
Why These Seasons Rock
- These seasons are a nice follow up from Jessie, as the Ross Kids have grown up and become more mature.
- The Ross Kids are still their old and charming selves.
- The new characters are very likable and have diverse personalities.
- Lou is a tomboy farmer girl.
- Tiffany is a child prodigy.
- Jorge is a goofy and fart-fueled boy.
- Gladys is a cynical camp runner.
- Hazel is Gladys' crazy niece and Emma’s new rival.
- Xander is Emma’s guitar playing boyfriend.
- Griff is a former juvenile delinquent with a heart of gold.
- The Ross Kids being at summer camp is an interesting concept.
- Decent acting.
- There are lots of funny and memorable moments, such as the running gag of Hazel competing with Emma for Xander's affection and the Woodchuck Cabin’s salute.
- Xander is a great love interest for Emma.
- The show also has some serious and emotional moments.
- In "Dog Days of Summer", Lou finds out her dog died and almost leaves camp because of said reason.
- In "Xander Says Goodbye", Xander's father wants him to leave camp to do football training and Emma doesn't want him to leave.
- In "Live From Camp Kikiwaka", Emma, Xander, and Lou host a live stream to save the camp from closing down.
- The theme song is amazing and well-sung by Kevin Quinn.
- Even though he’s not the main character, Luke guest stars in "Luke's Back" and "Luke Out Below".
- Speaking of which, "Luke Out Below" was Cameron Boyce's final role as Luke Ross before AMW.
- Other characters from Jessie return as well, such as Bertram in "Griff is in the House!" and Christina Ross in "Mother May I?"
- Awesome and realistic looking set designs.
- Unlike most modern Disney Channel sitcoms, the laugh track is actually well used and doesn't play at almost every line.
- These seasons teach good morals, such as "real friends are better than online friends", "don't judge a book by its cover" "and work as a team".
- It is the first Disney Channel spin-off to have more than 4 seasons, though Seasons 3, 4, and 5 weren't well received. And it's also the first Disney Channel show to reach 5 seasons.
- Jessie has never returned for a guest appearance in the show.
- A few of the characters can be unlikable at times, such as Gladys, Hazel, and Zuri.
- Some of the humor can be a hit and miss.
- There is some occasional toilet humor.
- Like in Jessie, Emma is still a dumb blonde stereotype.
- Jorge can be annoying at times.
- "Camp Kiki-slasher" and "Fog'd In" can be scary for younger viewers.
- The Season 2 finale, "The Great Escape", only aired once on TV. Luckiky it can be watched on FWW.
- The show went downhill and suffered TTSW in TTSW.
- It is the first Disney Channel show to reach 5 seasons.
- Cameron Boyce sadly passed away on July 6, 2019, at just 20 years of age.