Carole & Tuesday
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Best Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: requires bad qualities.
Carole & Tuesday is a anime sci-fi slice of life TV series created and directed by Shinichirō Watanabe, who was also the director for Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy. It is produced by studio Bones, to commemorate the studio's 20th anniversary and the 10th anniversary of record label FlyingDog. It aired from April 10 to October 2, 2019 on Fuji TV's +Ultra programming block. A manga adaptation by Morito Yamataka began serialization in Young Ace in May 2019. The manga is licensed in English by Yen Press and is slated for release in 2020. An English dub version premiered worldwide on Netflix on August 30, 2019.
It's about a rich girl named Tuesday Simmons who ran away from her political mother to live in Alba City to pursue her dreams of becoming a musican with her guitar and suitcase, crossing paths with a loner named Carole who is also aspiring to become a musician with her keyboard. They both decided to team up to become the singing duo, Carole & Tuesday.
Why it Rocks
- It has extraordinarily wonderful animation that's on par with other shows that the studio made.
- It has a very well made and emotional story that resonates with many people, especially young musicians.
- It has really subtle, but hard-hitting themes about politics and deportation that works well.
- The songs in the anime are fantastically phenomenal, with many of them standouts such as: Hold Me Now, The Loneliest Girl, Army of Two, Mother, and Polly Jean.
- The characters are very well-developed and have pretty interesting backstories.
- The vocal performances are very astounding in Japanese, as well as in English.
- The setting of a dystopian Mars is very gorgeous.
- It commemorates the 20th anniversary of its animation studio, Bones, as well as the 10th anniversary of record label, FlyingDog.
- The score for the show is also pretty cool.
The anime gained critical acclaim from many audiences and critics, as it has received a 100% rating from Rotten Tomatoes, A 8.1/10 from MyAnimeList.net and a 7.9/10 from IMDB.
- The show is indirectly a sequel to Cowboy Bebop as it takes place in the same city as it did in the movie and its also connected to Space Dandy.