Carried Away (Mickey Mouse, 2013)
Dedicated to Russi Taylor (1944-2019)
"Carried Away" is the 18th episode of fifth season of the Mickey Mouse (2013) show, as being the season's finale, well as being the final Paul Rudish-era episode for Russi Taylor to voice Minnie, as she died one week later on July 26, 2019. The episode premiered on Disney Channel on July 20 of the same year and was succeeded by its next episode, Cheese Wranglers, which the show was later renamed to The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse streaming 20 episodes on Disney+.
As Minnie performs a song she wrote for Mickey called Carried Away, he literally must protect them from that happening to their canoe in a runaway.
Why It Rocks
- Not only did it end the fifth season of the show on an high note (unlike No Service starting the show on an sour note), it also made room to premiere its sixth season. It was later retitled The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse and premiered 20 episodes on Disney+.
- Russi Taylor's singing voice as Minnie is beautiful in here, as Chris Diamantopolus does an nice job voicing Mickey in the episode.
- Interesting plot.
- Great music from Christopher Willis, who not only composes the episode, but also composes the entirety of the show.
- Even the credits music is different as it's played from a ukulele, which resembles this musical short.
- Some funny moments including the scene where Goofy gets his nose bitten by an piranha and Mickey making a weird face saying "what????" while an explosion happens in the background.
- You cramned your soul into a ukulele?!?!?!?!
- It holds a rating of 9.2/10 on IMDB.